The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

That has us now with Murdoch, Dempsey, McAlear, Bangala, Smith and Hewitt with McAllister who can cover CM in emergencies. If Murdoch is fit and ok, could see Hewitt going back to Peterhead in February on loan again.

Need to get Murdoch back, though. I thought he's out for a couple of weeks more at least?

Just now, edinburghhonestman said:

Need to get Murdoch back, though. I thought he's out for a couple of weeks more at least?

Aye, I think the loan market goes deep into February, so plenty of time for either Hewitt or Smith to be loaned out if not needed.  Would be one or the other, wouldn't send both.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That has us now with Murdoch, Dempsey, McAlear, Bangala, Smith and Hewitt with McAllister who can cover CM in emergencies. If Murdoch is fit and ok, could see Hewitt going back to Peterhead in February on loan again.

I think it would more likely be Smith going out, as we probably need Hewitt as cover at the back

McAlear definitely let’s us change the shape of the team to more like a 4-3-3.  Hopefully means we might get a bit more out of JML who just looks a bit lightweight out wide in a 4-4-2.  Maybe allows us to get more support up closer to Dipo as well.

Just now, Nelson said:

McAlear definitely let’s us change the shape of the team to more like a 4-3-3.  Hopefully means we might get a bit more out of JML who just looks a bit lightweight out wide in a 4-4-2.  Maybe allows us to get more support up closer to Dipo as well.

Yeah having a different option gives us the chance to play various shapes with 5 in the middle which means we might try to control some games at times rather than the end to end stuff we've seen so far (and can go back to when required).  If we don't get anything else over the line I think that's a decent window.  

Hopefully some lessons learned as well with both Chalmers and Mullin being recalled and an instant injury to your left back the day after you loan out the only cover.  

28 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Contrary to this assessment, Reece McAlear is actually only good at free kicks and is otherwise bang average.

....and therefore still better than what you've got (including your ned manager)😉