The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So thus far we have had:

In - McAlear (loan) Mullin* (End of the season) Hewitt (Recalled from loan)

Out - Young (End of loan) Chalmers (End of loan) Mullin* (End of loan) Ecrepont (Stranraer on loan)

1 more in defence would do me just fine!

*If they remember to let us know officially. 

Edited by callum-ayr

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So thus far we have had:

In - McAlear (loan) Mullin* (End of the season)

Out - Young (End of loan) Chalmers (End of loan) Mullin* (End of loan) Ecrepont (Stranraer on loan)

1 more in defence would do me just fine!

*If they remember to let us know officially. 

Can probably include Hewitt on the ins.

What’s our current best starting 11 when everyone is fit? 

Probably something like (4-3-3)- Albinson, McAllister, Kirk, Musonda, Reading, Murdoch, Dempsey, McAlear, Mullin, Akinyemi, Mitchell-Lawson

Subs- McAdams, Houston, McGinty, Hewitt, Smith, O’Connor, Ashford, McKenzie, Bryden, 

That is very harsh on McGinty who has been very good this season and it’s probably a toss up between McAllister or Houston. Rest of team picks itself for me. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Probably something like (4-3-3)- Albinson, McAllister, Kirk, Musonda, Reading, Murdoch, Dempsey, McAlear, Mullin, Akinyemi, Mitchell-Lawson

Subs- McAdams, Houston, McGinty, Bangala, O’Connor, Ashford, McKenzie, Bryden, youngster

That is very harsh on McGinty who has been very good this season and it’s probably a toss up between McAllister or Houston. Rest of team picks itself for me. 

Probably, although I'd have Hewitt and Smith on the bench before Bangala.

Possibly a loan move for Smith to L1 might benefit him more now McAlear's signed as long as Murdoch's injury isn't bad.

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Subs- McAdams, Houston, McGinty, Bangala, O’Connor, Ashford, McKenzie, Bryden, youngster

Albinson

Houston Kirk Musonda Reading

Murdoch         Dempsey

Mullin          McAlear           JML

Akinyemi

I would say something along those lines, when Musonda is back fit though to begin with I would still have McGinty starting rather than fling Musonda straight in, McGinty has earned his spot for now.  Also Hewitt on the bench until another signing arrives.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Possibly a loan move for Smith to L1 might benefit him more now McAlear's signed as long as Murdoch's injury isn't bad.

Sorry - you would start Bangala before Hewitt and Smith? 

2 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

I knew I had forgotten someone, turns out I had forgotten two 😂

Post now edited to add Smith and Hewitt and remove Bangala. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Sorry - you would start Bangala before Hewitt and Smith? 

Nah, he is saying he would have Hewitt and smith on the bench before Bangala. I had accidentally completely omitted them from the squad. 

Got to be happy with that business, adding height as well as goal scoring talent to the club, Mcaleer and Dempsey both 6foot plus and the wee diamond Murdy in between them.

Looks  like Ayr have taken on Mullins wages till end of season so a happy player and a saving for Livy and who knows an increase to our wage bill but we’ll worth it.

Hope we can steer clear of any more injury problems, if we are lucky with that we won’t be far away from top four.