The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don't think we'll be signing McInroy.

How many additions are we anticipating 2/3? We really need them to have an impact similar to Kerr & Bell in the 2017/18 promotion season. Get these signings right and we could well sustain a challenge for the title. 🤞

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I think you’re vastly overestimating the wages Livi pay. We have a turnover of 1.25m per year, we run on no operation losses. 

Not sure where you’re getting your turnover figure from. You were 7th in the league last year which would have generated £1.43m of prize money and the previous year you were 6th which would have generated over £1.5m. You’ll have a lot of other income streams so your turnover would have been significantly higher than both those figures.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Also not particularly enthused about landing a couple of 18 year old domestic loanees. If we could get at least one experienced player in I'd feel much more confident about a top four finish 

I'm pretty confident that there's no chance at all of this happening.

Bullen clearly rates Bryden and Smith and given both now have Championship experience and are performing well enough, then I see no chance at all that we'll bring in a Tony Weston type who by all accounts looked like little boy lost the other night for Cove.

With guys like McKenzie and O'Connor also waiting in the wings it would be a huge gamble and likely a completely pointless exercise that would do us no good at all save scunner our own promising youngsters.

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How many additions are we anticipating 2/3? We really need them to have an impact similar to Kerr & Bell in the 2017/18 promotion season. Get these signings right and we could well sustain a challenge for the title. 🤞

Nobody knows...

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty confident that there's no chance at all of this happening.

Bullen clearly rates Bryden and Smith and given both now have Championship experience and are performing well enough, then I see no chance at all that we'll bring in a Tony Weston type who by all accounts looked like little boy lost the other night for Cove.

With guys like McKenzie and O'Connor also waiting in the wings it would be a huge gamble and likely a completely pointless exercise that would do us no good at all save scunner our own promising youngsters.

Just with what's available at the moment. This transfer window seems particularly sparse this season. Unless we're raiding down south. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Just with what's available at the moment. This transfer window seems particularly sparse this season. Unless we're raiding down south. 

I hope so as you're quite right, there seems very little up here at all which would definitely improve on what we've already got.

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Given the fact we’ve lost 3 and Bullen has mentioned a 1 in 1 out policy then I’d be disappointed with anything less than 3 unless we get Mullin on a permanent. 

Not wanting to make it all about myself* however it’s my birthday tomorrow and I’d love nothing more than an imminent or two. 

Spoiler

I am

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Never thought I’d see the day we were getting our injury updates from the Zambian national team.

Never dawned on me that there was a possibility the Craigie Woods would one day feature on the Twitter account of the Zambian national team.

Glad to see he is back training though.

24 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Never thought I’d see the day we were getting our injury updates from the Zambian national team.

It’s a bit annoying they had to post that. Would’ve been happier with other teams maybe not knowing which I think has been the clubs reasoning behind the lack of updates. 

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a bit annoying they had to post that. Would’ve been happier with other teams maybe not knowing which I think has been the clubs reasoning behind the lack of updates. 

You can see he is training alone so wont be back for a few weeks yet, shouldnt affect anything. 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Not sure where you’re getting your turnover figure from. You were 7th in the league last year which would have generated £1.43m of prize money and the previous year you were 6th which would have generated over £1.5m. You’ll have a lot of other income streams so your turnover would have been significantly higher than both those figures.

Yes, that number surprised me too. By way of comparison I just checked St Mirren and their last full set of accounts reported a turnover of just over £4m.

Another interesting figure from St Mirren was a total wage bill of £2.9m which covers 75 employees. Roughly half of those were classified as playing staff. It's hard to derive much from that about the likely wage of top players there but if you assume that the non-playing staff have an average annual salary of £40k then it would not leave much scope for top earners having the kind of figure quoted earlier in this thread unless the bottom earners are really low. But I have made an awful lot of assumptions there so that could be wildly out.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In fairness the club would have supplied it as Musonda is in another from today's batch of training photos. Only looks like fitness work so he'll still be a while away.

Appears Reading was training too although his eye looks a mess.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I know quite a few boys who know him from his Ladeside days and they all say he's basically a really good guy who just wants to play football. People also forget that he's spent the majority of his career in the Juniors and lower leagues, so we're not talking about an ex Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen player who was in the £2k - £3k bracket.

As you say, his wages should be well within our capability and all the talk of silly money is just well, silly !!

This is exactly the kind of post that I was talking about earlier. Absolutely no basis to suggest his current wages are “well within our capability” and suggests you’d be disappointed not to get him, which may end up entirely unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

He’s getting it from nowhere, just total guesswork in his head.

The relationship Bullen has with David Smith is a really good one. With everyone involved in the club working together, pulling strings and doing their bit. No doubts there whatsoever.

When Ian Mccall needed more money off then chairman Cameron, he asked for it and sometimes received. I think it may be a different type of manager/chairman relationship now.

I think regarding Mullin, I don't believe David Smith is going to miss a player who has done so well in Ayr colours and made such an impact in a short space of time. He'll be fully aware of what is asked from Livingston and what he himself can manage money wise. I'm confident that everything will smell Rosey by Tuesday.