The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As I mentioned yesterday, the 3 new boys that Arbroath brought in all looked pretty useful so there's definitely players out there who can come in and do a job.

On paper Brad Young looked like a good signing as had played 14 times the previous season in League 2 in England, however he never really looked up to the job apart from a couple of games where he WAS really good but if I'm being honest I didn't think he was any better than Bryden for the most part.

That's the whole point here, if we're going to be bringing guys in who can play in forward positions, then they need to be an upgrade on McKenzie, Bryden, Daire, JML and Ashford, otherwise it's just further adding to an already bloated pool of guys in these types of positions. Dipo and Mullin are guaranteed starters but it's really any 1 or 2 from the rest mentioned.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That's the whole point here, if we're going to be bringing guys in who can play in forward positions, then they need to be an upgrade on McKenzie, Bryden, Daire, JML and Ashford, otherwise it's just further adding to an already bloated pool of guys in these types of positions. Dipo and Mullin are guaranteed starters but it's really any 1 or 2 from the rest mentioned.

Well I mean that's kind of the point, isn't it. That's five players. Two would be dangerous if they were reliable goalscorers. Two are still basically untrusted youngsters. The last is a holdover from the previous management who has been a square peg ever since on accounts of being a ball-carrying winger in a team which prefers to shell the ball out from defense.

48 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Well I mean that's kind of the point, isn't it. That's five players. Two would be dangerous if they were reliable goalscorers. Two are still basically untrusted youngsters. The last is a holdover from the previous management who has been a square peg ever since on accounts of being a ball-carrying winger in a team which prefers to shell the ball out from defense.

Yes, so unless we're shipping a body or two out then we really need to be going for someone who's reckoned will make a real impact / guaranteed starter as opposed to just another mediocre squad type player.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, so unless we're shipping a body or two out then we really need to be going for someone who's reckoned will make a real impact / guaranteed starter as opposed to just another mediocre squad type player.

That's unfortunately the problem Ayrs gonna have here. Taking on board the massive step up from the dire Hopkin era, Daire O'Connor is better than the likes of Cameron Salkeld Imo. Akinyemi has shown more than Adeloye, Kirk looks better than Baird Etc.

For every Sexy Farmer man Jamie Adams, there's sadly a dud like David Bangala etc

It's really hit or miss with players fitting a manager's system. Thankfully, the good outweigh the bad under Bullen so far. I have faith that any signing for Ayr will be a good one.

2 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Houston fit for Saturday,  Murdoch and Kirk struggling.  Livingston taking the pass over Mullin but talks ongoing...

Jesus Christ !!!

Did Kirk take a knock against Arbroath? 

Also heard yesterday that Musonda had two different tears in his leg and that isn’t even close to being fit. Hope that’s a load of nonsense but if it isn’t then we really need cover for that. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Also heard yesterday that Musonda had two different tears in his leg and that isn’t even close to being fit. Hope that’s a load of nonsense but if it isn’t then we really need cover for that. 

Aye if that's true then a CB has to be a major priority especially if Kirk is going to be unreliable - we absolutely can't be going into second half of season with only McAllister and McGinty as options. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure kirk was limping at some point after a strong challenge, may have been the goal saving challenge towards the end.

If that's the case about Musonda i think we need to be looking to bring in a defender on loan even just as cover tbf

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s on the training ground doing  plenty of leg work ,

Just now, Finlay21 said:

He got hurt on Saturday , still training though , bruising on top off foot,  kicked opponents studs when clearing a ball near end of game

that's right- I remember that now.  That's not too bad then, would assume he would only miss the cup tie in that case.

What about Murdoch - is it a thigh muscle he has hurt? Think that maybe got mentioned post match v Hamilton