The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would also keep McGinty. Don’t think he can really be faulted given his form in the last 12 months. Some people will never been won round and fans of other clubs will still laugh at him but it’s a testament to his character that he’s stuck around even when not first choice and also credit to Bullen for seeing something in him. 

I wouldn't be renewing McGinty's contract until we know what division we are in. If its Championship, then I'd retain him. He's similar to Aero now, a competent centre half. Which is some going given the start to his Ayr career where he was every bit the player many of us feared. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would also keep McGinty. Don’t think he can really be faulted given his form in the last 12 months. Some people will never been won round and fans of other clubs will still laugh at him but it’s a testament to his character that he’s stuck around even when not first choice and also credit to Bullen for seeing something in him. 

I would give Sean another two year deal , joining Frankie , a new ch and a dcm that can fill in at ch if required . 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

He can cover  left back also 

I think its unlikely we will ever see this, when he had the opportunity to do so when replacing Reading against Partick he went to centre back.  IMO that was the now or never moment, kinda a shame as his crossing is actually superb. 

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thats true, but McCall must have seen him in training and not rated him. Not saying he would be the same if he arrived at Somerset, just think we should try and get someone with a proven goal scoring record 

We weren’t able to do that in the summer so I’d say it’s next to impossible to do it in January. 

We have two options this window, there is a part time gem playing in the outer reaches of English football (or like last year, Gondoh) that can be tempted north with an 18 month deal.

Or, a youth loan from a Scottish or English club.

Ditching Young may mean we have someone in mind or he was just costing too much money for the return we were getting. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have two options this window, there is a part time gem playing in the outer reaches of English football (or like last year, Gondoh) that can be tempted north with an 18 month deal.

Or, a youth loan from a Scottish or English club.

Ditching Young may mean we have someone in mind or he was just costing too much money for the return we were getting. 

Reckon it’ll be the latter tbh

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Be surprised if it was this option as it's unlikely we'd pay a fee for anyone in this window. Would need to have a similar contract situation to Gondoh and be at their current club on a non-contract basis.

Would rather we wait until the summer to explore the English non-league market. An U23 player on a 3 month loan with a view to signing or someone from up here is more likely I'd think.

I think it was Weston who wanted to leave as he wasn't getting played and when he did he was coming on as a winger. He looked decent but he is so wee, can't really play up front on his own because of this, but in a front 2 with Dipo I think he'd do well for you.

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think it was Weston who wanted to leave as he wasn't getting played and when he did he was coming on as a winger. He looked decent but he is so wee, can't really play up front on his own because of this, but in a front 2 with Dipo I think he'd do well for you.

I see Cove are looking to sign him on loan 

Edited by Finlay21