The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The game better be on...

angry family guy GIF by HULU

I don't think there's any chance of building momentum tomorrow with the smorgasbord of shit weather due to play havoc. It'll be a grind and if we're lucky we'll eek out a win and get through it injury free 

56 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can see wind being an issue, near 50mph gales...

image.png.d741e803c635d2f6830dacf5452e506f.png

We played a home game against Arbroath in the Kerr era that was so windy it may as well have been an away game, Arbroath scored against the wind then defended like f**k for the remainder of the first half and we barely left our half in the second. 

If it's that windy and we are playing against Arbroath, we are basically starting the game 1-0 down. 

The game being off means there won't be another game on it in January. Plenty of time for the pitch to recover. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We played a home game against Arbroath in the Kerr era that was so windy it may as well have been an away game, Arbroath scored against the wind then defended like f**k for the remainder of the first half and we barely left our half in the second. 

If it's that windy and we are playing against Arbroath, we are basically starting the game 1-0 down. 

The game being off means there won't be another game on it in January. Plenty of time for the pitch to recover. 

Did Stephen Kelly not score direct from a corner in that game? 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did Stephen Kelly not score direct from a corner in that game? 

f**k knows, I remember it was dreadful though. One of the first games they allowed fans to switch ends, we went to the away end because the rain was coming right in to the Somerset road end

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Better if the game is on. Games in hand mean f*** all. I'd rather have the shree points asap.

I also can't be arsed with another home game not on a Saturday. Midweek games are a nightmare for me to attend.

That game at Arbroath where Drinnan scored was farcical. Should never have started. Their equaliser was direct from a corner. Saw a video of it on YouTube taken from behind the scorer. The bend on the ball was unbelievable. Seemed to almost turn through a right angle when it got to the 6 yard box.

Then the Dastardly Dick had a word in the ref's ear at HT and persuaded him to abandon the game. He knew full well that we would be favourites to score in the second half with the wind behind us. The wind was no worse than at the start, but the ref caved in. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Heartbreaking we lost out on seeing him for a full season… 

That goal against Partick - I could watch that over and over again 😍

Someone posted the highlights from the first game post McCall when we battered Arbroath and had them buried in the first half hour. He scored a peach of a goal then as well. 

I honestly don’t think I’ll ever see an Ayr team as good as the likes of Forrest, McCowan, Kelly and Moffat on their day. Lacking a proper number 9 but played the best football I’ve ever seen from an Ayr side. I was against it at the time but when you look back (and also see how Queens Park are doing with Coyle and Stewart) I wonder how it would’ve played out had Sandy Stewart got the job full time with Kerr as his number two. 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He scored one in this 

must have missed that game very similar goals 😂 , that was never a penalty, looked like mckeana dived onto Roscoe foot. Definitely miss Kelly think he would fit in great with Dempsey and murdoch 

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He scored one in this 

1. The size of the crowd should maybe put it into perspective for some of the people who complained about the attendances of late.

2. Seeing this performance from the ref Colin Steven makes it seem as if he is a semi-competent referee now!