The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why is everything video related (be it highlights etc) always so glitchy and tin pot? Keep getting this when I try to play this weeks one 

Screenshot_20230113-133416_Facebook.jpg

Because there is no marketing department and other departments don't understand the importance of marketing.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As you say, he's at a stage now where playing is important along with some financial stability, so I' d definitely be offering him at least a 2 year deal on good money and see what he thinks

Mullin should be our no 1 priority for retainment . Two year deal with an option of a third . As someone said earlier,  captain material , as well as a quality player and a goal scorer ..

10 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Mullin should be our no 1 priority for retainment . Two year deal with an option of a third . As someone said earlier,  captain material , as well as a quality player and a goal scorer ..

Totally agree, I think he would be an excellent captain as others have said, he was continually talking to other players last week. 

It's about getting our core of very good players up from 7/8 just now, after that we drop of quite a bit with a few, but it  takes time and we're heading in the right direction 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why is everything video related (be it highlights etc) always so glitchy and tin pot? Keep getting this when I try to play this weeks one 

Screenshot_20230113-133416_Facebook.jpg

It's on YouTube, just subscribe to that channel and put notifications on and our weird video player will be a problem no more. 

https://youtu.be/gK-trCbdTMM

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Theres the Cove game been moved to the Friday. Meh

Makes sense as I'm sure quite a few of us will be at Hampden on the Saturday.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it annoys me that the cretins had games scheduled to clash with the National team playing at home as I'm sure they're well aware that many of the fans have season tickets for both events.

Silly me, thinking the whole idea of Football was supposed to be for the fans....

Edited by WATTOO

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Makes sense as I'm sure quite a few of us will be at Hampden on the Saturday.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it annoys me that the cretins had games scheduled to clash with the National team playing at home as I'm sure they're well aware that many of the fans have season tickets for both events.

Silly me, thinking the whole idea of Football was supposed to be for the fans....

I think because of UEFA's "week of football" during international breaks they just have to schedule the league games as normal. It was only drawn in October and they'd have no way of knowing which days Scotland would be due to play when making the domestic list up, just that it was an international break. 

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think because of UEFA's "week of football" during international breaks they just have to schedule the league games as normal. It was only drawn in October and they'd have no way of knowing which days Scotland would be due to play when making the domestic list up, just that it was an international break. 

I've lost track of how they're doing it now or who's to blame but whoever it is needs a good kick up their arse.

Thankfully our clubs have seen sense here and been proactive in moving our game.

2 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

More heavy rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning

Can’t see this game going ahead if the pitch is still really heavy 

Lots of work done on it today and the affected area has been covered to prevent tonight’s predicted rainfall , club have now done everything they possibly can  , hopefully the weather is not as bad as forecast 

32 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Lots of work done on it today and the affected area has been covered to prevent tonight’s predicted rainfall , club have now done everything they possibly can  , hopefully the weather is not as bad as forecast 

Is a pitch inspection planned for early doors tomorrow? Would be a shitter for Arbroath to be travelling down and it's called off at say 1pm

Saying that, it's been mainly dry today and the wind should help dry it out so I'm fairly certain it will be on 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is a pitch inspection planned for early doors tomorrow? Would be a shitter for Arbroath to be travelling down and it's called off at say 1pm

Saying that, it's been mainly dry today and the wind should help dry it out so I'm fairly certain it will be on 

If pitch inspection is required it will be early due to Arbroath travelling schedule, some people  not happy with inspections too early but in this case it’s the sensible option