The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Lochwood said:

Sorry meant Michell Lawson don’t know why I said williams

I would start JML he's earnt it for me with Chalmers starting on the bench. It may give Chalmers the impetus to perform. I love Chalmers when he's on it he is almost unplayable. However, JML was brilliant on Saturday. I'd like to see how he does from the start. Choices choices for Bully.

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would start JML he's earnt it for me with Chalmers starting on the bench. It may give Chalmers the impetus to perform. I love Chalmers when he's on it he is almost unplayable. However, JML was brilliant on Saturday. I'd like to see how he does from the start. Choices choices for Bully.

We could start all three of Mullin, Chalmers and JML with Chalmers in the ten position. It would obviously be harsh on Young too though. JML is capable of giving us an extra dimension with his pace, which we don’t overly have without him. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We could start all three of Mullin, Chalmers and JML with Chalmers in the ten position. It would obviously be harsh on Young too though. JML is capable of giving us an extra dimension with his pace, which we don’t overly have without him. 

When was the last time an Ayr manager had this sort of headache for who starts? 😊 This is great progress.

Can anyone actually tell us if Bangala is any good ?

The only prolonged time I’ve seen him on a football pitch was at a reserve game a few weeks ago against Hamilton. To put it kindly he looked a bit off the pace. I’m not sure whether he’s just a bit of a dud or not.

At the vision night Bullen admitted it was a gamble but I think it’s a pretty low risk gamble as I can’t see him taking up too much space on the wage bill. He’s the only summer signing that hasn’t made a contribution so far this season. Getting 7/8 of your summer signings right is pretty good going.

47 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I like the sound of that. Although Young has been playing out of his skin and running himself into the ground so it would be harsh on him.

I actually think the system Kerr persisted with would work quite well with the 3 you cited behind Dipo. As someone else said its nice to have various good options. 

1 hour ago, Death in Vegas said:

Can anyone actually tell us if Bangala is any good ?

He didn't play for six months and missed pre-season. He only joined at the end of August. I have seen him a couple of times and he looked like a bit of a wallpuncher. A few clumsy challenges and went in for high balls like Marvin Andrews. Most of this may be getting his timing right and getting used to Scottish football. 

He didn't look to far off the standard and maybe needs a run of a few games to get going...................Or he could he a dud.

I don't think we will see much of Bangala this season, he will need a long, long time to acclimatise to the football after not playing for so long. Bullen chose to play Smith over Bangala recently so that tells you everything about where he is in the pecking order currently. If we end up getting promoted then i expect he will be released or sent on loan. 

Watching Bangala in the reserve game I thought he was very competitive and worked really hard against a good  young Killie midfield, if needed I think he will do a job in a defensive role but I don’t see him displacing Murdoch or Dempsey.

Killie had a good few young midfielders, with no 10 a lad Warnock catching my eye he’s 19 very energetic and influenced the game well really got about the park and is one I would keep an eye on, they also had a big strong  young number 8 who also did well and again worth keeping an eye on.

Does anyone thinking the starting XI will change for the Morton game? Seen a lot about JML starting. Would Chalmers or Mullin drop out? Or even Young dropped and Chalmers playing further forward?

I can’t see it changing. Maybe some debate over right back as I don’t think there’s as potent a threat on Morton’s left hand side to warrant a more defensive full back in McAllister. Although he may still start given that defence got a clean sheet at Arbroath.

I wouldn’t start JML based off last Saturday. Chalmers is still the better player for me and his crossing into the box is something we’ve had a lot of luck from. JML’s biggest thing is his pace and directness. Something that we can maybe put to use in the later stages of the game. If he comes on again and influence the game with a goal then maybe he’s earned a start but I don’t like the chopping and changing that a lot of managers go for.

21 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-statement-match-highlights

Statement about the match highlights provision.

I thought Wuffster said he was a volunteer? Not sure the cost of covering someone's expenses would make a meaningful dent in the playing department. 

I'm glad they've acknowledged the lack of highlights, but the quality of what we do get also needs to be improved.