The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ecocme said:

Morton game next weekend will be a tough game regardless of today’s result. 13 points out of last 15 for them since their scudding from Thistle and 4 clean sheets in a row too. 

Aye, the Morton game at Somerset has all the makings of a slobberknocker. They were clinical as they swatted away ICT last night and they are going on a fine run. Baird was looking like a changed player.

Will Reading start today? Big big question. I prefer Frankie in the middle but we have been far too exposed down the left. I can make a case for either or. 

We need to keep wee Linn quiet today, he seems to be going through something of a renaissance.

16 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could I ask why Somerset park is called Somerset park? Where did the name come from? Anyone know?

(Won't ask the same question about Arbroath's ground in case I upset people.)

Assuming because the stadium is on Somerset road? 

This team has me at full mast.

Have to say like many others I am completely full of humble pie at the rate I’m having to wolf it down. Was incredibly worried at the end of last season and especially after the horrendous league cup campaign and thought Bullen wasn’t up to it, but being well put in my place and delighted about it.

Even is we were 30 points clear with 10 games to go, I'd still think we'd manage to f**k it up so I'm not going to get carried away. 

The way the league is going, we could lose the next two games and still be in the top 3, a couple of points off top. 

Looking at the next few weeks, Morton at home while thistle play Dundee, an Ayr win could put us six points ahead of thistle, seven above Dundee. A defeat of under 6 goals to Morton and we would still be top. 

The following week we are away to Hamilton on the Friday night, Inverness play Queens Park and Morton play Thistle. 

If we win the next two games and the other teams cut each others throats, we could have a decent gap. 

We won't of course with the way the league is going, we'll lose to Morton and draw with Hamilton. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Even is we were 30 points clear with 10 games to go, I'd still think we'd manage to f**k it up so I'm not going to get carried away. 

The way the league is going, we could lose the next two games and still be in the top 3, a couple of points off top. 

Looking at the next few weeks, Morton at home while thistle play Dundee, an Ayr win could put us six points ahead of thistle, seven above Dundee. A defeat of under 6 goals to Morton and we would still be top. 

The following week we are away to Hamilton on the Friday night, Inverness play Queens Park and Morton play Thistle. 

If we win the next two games and the other teams cut each others throats, we could have a decent gap. 

We won't of course with the way the league is going, we'll lose to Morton and draw with Hamilton. 

If Morton beat us 3-0 they’d go above us on goal difference but hopefully that won’t happen!

Ah love this feeling on a Saturday late afternoon. Time for a few beers boys and girls.

Have a good night, I’m going too 😉

Couldn’t make it up today, watched it on a dodgy stream with a dodgy camera so no idea how we actually played. Couldn’t care less though given the result 

This group of players and coaching staff are really likeable and one we can get behind. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Actually a more impressive result than Tuesday. The ability to grind out a win with games like that is something we have been missing and will count a lot to our final league position.

Dare I say, a sign of champions? 

The comparison with this time last year is fuckin mental. Bullen deserves shit loads of credit as do the backroom staff (signings, fitness etc). Not getting carried away, just loving the feeling, especially when it co-incides with them getting beat.