The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Watching the game tonight, Jack Baird is looking like the centre back I thought we were getting when he signed from St Mirren.  He got plenty of chances at Ayr though, so happy enough that we moved on with Musonda and Kirk.  Wish we’d signed Robbie Crawford all the same, given Bangala appears to be a turkey.  I’ll never not be baffled by the attitude of some Ayr fans to Crawford.

He had one decent game in 20 and was a total shitebag defensively 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Neither remotely true tbh. 

Crawford wasn’t well served by McCall playing him at left midfield.  When you see him playing for Morton as part of a midfield 3 you realise how useful he could be to us, particularly given Bullen seems to have zero faith in Bangala.

Next 3 for us Arbroath Morton Hamilton.  The bottom 2 away (who we failed to beat at home) and Morton at home (who we did manage to beat away).  A big couple of weeks as there's nothing to fear in there if we want to be challenging 

Edited by Hursty

Next 3 for us Arbroath Morton Hamilton.  The bottom 2 away (who we failed to beat at home) and Morton at home (who we did manage to beat away).  A big couple of weeks as there's nothing to fear in there if we want to be challenging 

I feel like 7 points would be a decent return given the crazy nature of this league. I don’t see us winning four games on the bounce but obviously it would be lovely.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I feel like 7 points would be a decent return given the crazy nature of this league. I don’t see us winning four games on the bounce but obviously it would be lovely.

In this league you'd think 7 points would keep us at the top. If only we'd taken out chances at home against Arbroath, Hamilton and ICT. We'd be skooshing this.

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

7 would be excellent.  

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Agreed but what a terrible programme 

I love it and think its been the best TV addition to Scottish football in the last, well, however many years I can think of.  The fact that Graham Mathie (or whoever else in different episodes) is getting 10 mins to talk Ayr Utd or their clubs etc is a solid start.     And as someone involved with amateur / boys club football I love the wee features they do that would never ever see the light of day anywhere else. 

Edit: how can anyone watch the end of the one tonight with the St Mirren fan and his wee boy and not somehow relate to that as the dad or the kid or both, and wish they were watching just another show with Kirk and Kev and Kris or whoever giving it the "dressing room patter" and how the OF will do next week  etc 

Edited by Hursty

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Morton game next weekend will be a tough game regardless of today’s result. 13 points out of last 15 for them since their scudding from Thistle and 4 clean sheets in a row too. 

In this league you'd think 7 points would keep us at the top. If only we'd taken out chances at home against Arbroath, Hamilton and ICT. We'd be skooshing this.

Aye for every brilliant result there’s been an equally frustrating game as well. I remember after the Arbroath game thinking that we might be decent but who was actually going to score goals for us. Fast forward a couple of months and we’ve got the top scorer in the league and now Mullin, Chalmers, Young, McKenzie and Dempsey have all chipped in with goals.

Arbroath in hindsight was 2 points dropped, I thought Hamilton deserved a point on a baking hot afternoon, ICT was awful with the chances missed to a lesser extent so was Cove, flip side we could have got nothing from QP away and Thistle but ultimately probably deserved the wins, could have also sneaked a draw at Raith but for abysmal defending, but really it would have been undeserved. 

We're doing really well and now as has been said we've real quality around Dipo with Young, Mullen and Chalmers now added to McKenzie, Connor, JML and Ashford with young Bryden to come back. Short of one possibly in midfield, but I really like Smith who has a great future, full backs need to step up though as they're killing us just now although Houston has steadied the last 2 games, I really like Paddy Reading and I'm sure he'll rediscover some form, finally criticism of Albison this season is incredible, along with Dipo, Murdoch and Musonda he must be in the running for player of the season so far. 

Finally we've as much chance as any. 

The thought of winning the league still seems mental to me given we’ve narrowly avoided relegation the past two season however I’ve seen every team and there’s not one I’ve seen who look better than us. In the games we’ve lost it’s more down to a poor performance from us than anything the opposition has done. 

There is probably about 7 teams who will feel they have a chance of the title/play off spot. You’d think Dundee, Thistle and Queens Park will have the spending power to significantly strengthening but given their is a real ambition from our club at the moment I’d expect us to do the same.

I fully expect us to be in the mix come the end of the season but maybe a bit early yet to book the Low green 😉