Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

Policing likely had something to do with it aswell as i've seen tonight the athletics arena in Killie just off the Bellfield is shut as Police Scotland as using it as a base for the next few days events in Scotland.

So clearly Police from across the land are getting drafted out to assist which would have left resources thin on the ground for policing football games, i know that doesn't really apply to lower league games though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Surely that's because the no refund policy was illegal. They sold the ticket for a game that was taking place at day and time X.

The game is no longer taking place at day and time X so they have broken the contract and you are absolutely entitled to a refund

Yes you're correct, just at first they weren't offering refunds, took them about 4 hours to announce that in a follow up.

This sort of scenario or any postponement for that matter is a good example of where this online ticketing has its drawbacks and i'd imagine it's now a bit of a nightmare for clubs getting refunds back to folk etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s bonkers! I like many others had an ambivalence to the Queen. Just completely irrelevant. What has transpired has made her relevant but not in a good way. What is now happening is making her death way more relevant than it needed to be. I will be robbed of watching a game she couldn’t give 2 fucks about. Meanwhile near enough every other sport carries on. My club will lose a massive pay day. Why the f**k! The argument about a ruined minutes silence is just being kicked down the road. Utter unnecessary madness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yes you're correct, just at first they weren't offering refunds, took them about 4 hours to announce that in a follow up.

This sort of scenario or any postponement for that matter is a good example of where this online ticketing has its drawbacks and i'd imagine it's now a bit of a nightmare for clubs getting refunds back to folk etc

I would think online ticketing should make the refund process easier if anything.

As simple as clicking a button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I would think online ticketing should make the refund process easier if anything.

As simple as clicking a button.

Aye, but, It’s Killie. Ask them about the Ayrshire Cup. They would rather ask for forgiveness than permission. “You’ve got tae choose. It’s me or the blues”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A real kick in the nuts, financially, to Ayr. A good day weatherwise, title decider, decent support through from Glasgow's sunny uplands and a big home support. Was gearing up to be a cracker. Not to mention hospitality bookings now lost, local businesses making a few quid. I genuinely feel for Ayr. All clubs below the 2 Glasgow scumbags need every penny we can get.

And Saturday without football, especially at the start of a new season?? Pish!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

So we come full circle. There will, rightly, be no football until after the funeral. I would be surprised if there are any minutes of silence after that - the powers that be will regard the suspension of fixtures to be respectful enough and neatly avoid the problem of "kicking the can down the road"..

Largely due to enough people like you, who refuse to be civil for 2 mins until an old lady is buried.

You reap what you sow. We live in a age of rampant egotism and disrespect.  

The woman's grandmother thought she owned India.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

So we come full circle. There will, rightly, be no football until after the funeral. I would be surprised if there are any minutes of silence after that - the powers that be will regard the suspension of fixtures to be respectful enough and neatly avoid the problem of "kicking the can down the road"..

Largely due to enough people like you, who refuse to be civil for 2 mins until an old lady is buried.

You reap what you sow. We live in a age of rampant egotism and disrespect.  

This is the royals we're talking about. Egotism and disrespect are what they do best.

The enforced mourning period is just pathetic. If people are genuinely upset they can be upset, no one is saying they can't. But to impose the grieving period on the rest of the population - who don't care about this death anymore than any other 96 year old woman that they don't know- is egotistical in itself.

Those that make the decisions at the top of our game are so far out of touch with their paying customers it's unreal.

Edited by AuAl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Those that make the decisions at the top of our game are so far out of touch with their paying customers it's unreal.

100%, this wasn't enforced by the government. Doncaster & Maxwell shat it when the EPL & FA decided they were cancelling. The ire should be directed at them as opposed to a 96 year old woman who died.

The guidance from government is down to the individual organisations and it specifically references consideration being given to cancelling or postponing fixtures on the day of the state funeral not before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

100%, this wasn't enforced by the government. Doncaster & Maxwell shat it when the EPL & FA decided they were cancelling. The ire should be directed at them as opposed to a 96 year old woman who died.

The guidance from government is down to the individual organisations and it specifically references consideration being given to cancelling or postponing fixtures on the day of the state funeral not before.

Completely - the SPFL continually show a complete disregard for the voice of the fans. Possibly something that could be raised with Mathie prior to his next board meeting…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raith (A) next week then two home games against ICT and QP. Not a bad run could very well still be about there by the time the rearranged game with Thistle goes ahead. A midweek league game against jobby isn't the worst outcome, floodlight costs aside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Raith (A) next week then two home games against ICT and QP. Not a bad run could very well still be about there by the time the rearranged game with Thistle goes ahead. A midweek league game against jobby isn't the worst outcome, floodlight costs aside.

I'm sure I read that games may be off next weekend as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm sure I read that games may be off next weekend as well. 

I'm sure next Saturday will only be postponed if the funeral is on the Saturday. Which is unlikely, it is expected to be Monday 19th September.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should postpone (if not allowed to scrap) the round of challenge cup being played in a fortnight and play this weekends league fixtures then.  Have 1pm kick off to allow folk enough time should they be going to hampden for Scotland game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, grazza said:

Should postpone (if not allowed to scrap) the round of challenge cup being played in a fortnight and play this weekends league fixtures then.  Have 1pm kick off to allow folk enough time should they be going to hampden for Scotland game. 

We moved our game to the Thursday I think anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...