Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If there's no game next week either the league could look very different by the time it returns.

Sorry if I’m missing the point… but would it not look exactly the same?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Personally I like the 1 min applause better especially when its maybe a club legend, leave the min silences for remberance day and real national tragedies like Dunblane.

An applause is another means of doing it. At least it drowns out the bams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Sorry if I’m missing the point… but would it not look exactly the same?

In terms of teams form/momentum. Will ours keep up or will a couple of weeks of no games and extra training allow under performing teams to get it together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I am amazed that there are folk that cannot stay silent for a minute to mourn someone's passing before a football match. Absolute attention seeking cretins. Its a matter of decency at the end of the day.

There is bad energy in mocking the dead. I’m not a Royalist but I’m also not happy she is dead like some folk seem to be.

It is a case of standing and doing f**k all for a minute. 

Having said that, if they had one for Thatcher I’d make sure I was in the ground at 1 minute past 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is bad energy in mocking the dead. I’m not a Royalist but I’m also not happy she is dead like some folk seem to be.

It is a case of standing and doing f**k all for a minute. 

Having said that, if they had one for Thatcher I’d make sure I was in the ground at 1 minute past 3

I don’t think Thatcher or any politician for that matter can be compared to the Queen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have said, the bottom line is that - sadly - it appears that us football fans cannot be trusted to allow others to mark respect by remaining silent. Spoke today to somebody who was at the Hearts game referenced above, and he said it was pretty embarrassing - it got worse as the minute went on despite folk having a go at the numpties. The SFA will see it as confirming their view that fans cannot be trusted not to bring the game into disrepute, hence the cancellations..

Rugby, cricket and racing continue as their crowds seem to be able to keep their mouths shut for 2 mins.

If people really feel that strongly they should just arrive after the preliminaries are done and not shout "f**k the Queen" (or indeed Pope or anyone else). It's simple really - if we act like children we get treated like children and have our toys taken away, 

My "big team" is Spurs BTW and put up with twenty years of unremitting anti-Semitism from away fans at White Hart Lane so I know all about disrespect. 

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who gives the slightest f**k if a few people decide to boo a minutes silence - it isn’t any remote reason for the football not to go ahead. 
 

Would I boo? No, but I certainly wouldn’t applaud during a minutes applause. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yid_in_Exiile said:

Clearly plenty of folk.

What has happened to simple respect for others? Why is that so difficult to understand? I despair... 

As I said, I wouldn’t boo but I certainly won’t be getting all offended because a few will most likely choose to. 
 

Amazingly, it tends to be those that throw about phrases such as “snowflake” and “woke” that get the most worked up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not all about you.

Any idea why it seems to only be football fans, even if only a small minority, that feel the need to express disrespect out of all our national sports?

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t think Thatcher or any politician for that matter can be compared to the Queen 

Is that because you always had the option to vote out Thatcher and the other politicians?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

It's not all about you.

Any idea why it seems to only be football fans, even if only a small minority, that feel the need to express disrespect out of all our national sports?

I imagine those who attend a working class sport are far more likely to voice discontent about a bizarre class system, as opposed to privately educated Rugby supporters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t think Thatcher or any politician for that matter can be compared to the Queen 

It wasn't a like for like comparison. It was an example of when I wouldn't tolerate taking part in a minutes silence for someone......by not being there rather than shouting or singing through it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

As others have said, the bottom line is that - sadly - it appears that us football fans cannot be trusted to allow others to mark respect by remaining silent. Spoke today to somebody who was at the Hearts game referenced above, and he said it was pretty embarrassing - it got worse as the minute went on despite folk having a go at the numpties. The SFA will see it as confirming their view that fans cannot be trusted not to bring the game into disrepute, hence the cancellations..

Rugby, cricket and racing continue as their crowds seem to be able to keep their mouths shut for 2 mins.

If people really feel that strongly they should just arrive after the preliminaries are done and not shout "f**k the Queen" (or indeed Pope or anyone else). It's simple really - if we act like children we get treated like children and have our toys taken away, 

My "big team" is Spurs BTW and put up with twenty years of unremitting anti-Semitism from away fans at White Hart Lane so I know all about disrespect. 

There will be a minutes silence at the next round of fixtures, whenever that is. Therefore using that as a reason to postpone games is rubbish. It’s just kicking the can down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems the strong expectation is that the funeral will be on Monday 19th so at least that ensures football a week tomorrow. Perhaps all four clubs involved (Ayr, Partick, Morton, Falkirk) can agree with the SPFL to punt the Trust cup fixtures to some time in October, given the next round isn't till December 10th, and reschedule the league games to Thursday or Friday night 22/23 September.

Bash some heads together, get the show back on the road FFS.

 

Not sure if any players are away for international games though.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we come full circle. There will, rightly, be no football until after the funeral. I would be surprised if there are any minutes of silence after that - the powers that be will regard the suspension of fixtures to be respectful enough and neatly avoid the problem of "kicking the can down the road"..

Largely due to enough people like you, who refuse to be civil for 2 mins until an old lady is buried.

You reap what you sow. We live in a age of rampant egotism and disrespect.  

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

They've backtracked and now offering refunds lol

Surely that's because the no refund policy was illegal. They sold the ticket for a game that was taking place at day and time X.

The game is no longer taking place at day and time X so they have broken the contract and you are absolutely entitled to a refund

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

So we come full circle. There will, rightly, be no football until after the funeral.

SPFL have stated domestic football matches will be played next Saturday unless that’s the day of funeral ( which now looks like Monday 19th ) so off we go to Kirkcaldy next Saturday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...