The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The talk of backlash if games go ahead? From who exactly? Certainly not those attending the games - other than Rangers fans. There will be a huge backlash if games are cancelled, and the SPFL willingly choose to deny their members clubs thousands of pounds of income. 

If people think about the bigger picture rather than acting like they have had their favourite toy taken off them they would see that everything will be postponed in the coming days “as a mark of respect” whether they like it or not.

I am not a royalist or want the game to be postponed but these things always happen at times like these so I fully expect it will be postponed like the Dundee game tonight. 

The poppy patrol are bad enough in the lead up to Remembrance Day and this will be their World Cup final.  

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If people think about the bigger picture rather than acting like they have had their favourite toy taken off them they would see that everything will be postponed in the coming days “as a mark of respect” whether they like it or not.

I am not a royalist or want the game to be postponed but these things always happen at times like these so I fully expect it will be postponed like the Dundee game tonight. 

The poppy patrol are bad enough in the lead up to Remembrance Day and this will be their World Cup final.  

Matter of resources too, no? If they are transporting her back down the road on Saturday the police will be stretched pretty thin with that.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

why's that?

You think that football games - most of which don’t have any police presence - could be called off because there’s a motorcade happening elsewhere in the country?

That sounds like you’re making up reasons in your head to justify it.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

You think that football games - most of which don’t have any police presence - could be called off because there’s a motorcade happening elsewhere in the country?

A crowd of in excess of 4000 will have police presence. 

I don’t think it will be called off due to resource personally. 

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Really, thought it sounded like a perfectly plausible part reason.

My mistake.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Obsequious bullshit. I suppose we're all expected to sit in the house and be miserable? Can't wait.

Other events are going ahead, including some sporting events. Officials are too afraid of what the Daily Mail would say, it appears.

Just now, RedEd said:

Other events are going ahead, including some sporting events. Officials are too afraid of what the Daily Mail would say, it appears.

The long national overreaction continues.

44 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The only sport showing common sense Ice Hockey going ahead with due respects being made before the first games, sounds like they may get record attendances as there is absolutely nothing on elsewhere madness

Think it seems to be:  golf, rugby (England only), horse racing, cricket, ice hockey - show respect by playing as normal with silence / armbands or whatever.   Football - show respect by cancelling.    Its absolutely pathetic  

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

The only sport showing common sense Ice Hockey going ahead with due respects being made before the first games, sounds like they may get record attendances as there is absolutely nothing on elsewhere madness

We’ll at least my weekend is not totally ruined , home to Fife tonight away to Dundee Sunday will keep me busy , utter madness to call off football