The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

It makes Saturday more interesting. Do we think he’ll go with the team that started on Friday against Dundee? I think he will, but Ashford will come off for Mullins, and Smith for McKenzie at some point.

Think it will be O’Connor for Mullen based on his favoured position 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Wasn’t sure if he was left or right sided. Goes to show then he’ll have to earn his place! Great to have competition for places.

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

100% has to be same starting XI if fit surely. 

Aye I'd imagine it's now O'Connor/Mullin and Ashford/JML ?   

Excellent window.  Feeling very positive. My only real worry just now is centre midfield, and that's simply based on Ben Dempsey's career seeming to have always been interrupted by injures, just like his loan spell last year.  

Bring on Saturday.  Would be very disappointed if we don't take a really good crowd through.  Mon Ayr 

Edited by Hursty

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye I'd imagine it's now O'Connor/Mullin and Ashford/JML ?   

Excellent window.  Feeling very positive. My only real worry just now is centre midfield, and that's simply based on Ben Dempsey's career seeming to have always been interrupted by injures, just like his loan spell last year.  

Bring on Saturday.  Would be very disappointed if we don't take a really good crowd through.  Mon Ayr 

I wish we were in the Cooshed. The stand will be rammed, and the Wee Dublin End would be grim considering the weather forecast.

15 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I wish we were in the Cooshed. The stand will be rammed, and the Wee Dublin End would be grim considering the weather forecast.

Ach, it's a warm summer rain.  You don't even feel that when you are top of the league

Edited by Hursty

Does anyone have access to scorers in matches from the 70s ? Maybe Duncan ? I'm trying to find the Ayr scorer(s)from the Hibernian v Ayr United match on September 29th 1973. My memory was that Joe Fillippi scored both Ayr goals. If not this match, did he score twice in this fixture on another date ? Thanks for any help.  

15 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

Does anyone have access to scorers in matches from the 70s ? Maybe Duncan ? I'm trying to find the Ayr scorer(s)from the Hibernian v Ayr United match on September 29th 1973. My memory was that Joe Fillippi scored both Ayr goals. If not this match, did he score twice in this fixture on another date ? Thanks for any help.  

Reported as a own goal and 1 by Filippi 

9B080509-BD57-43F7-B64E-B8853843CDD0.jpeg

675EB079-7121-4AE1-AE49-BB3824DDD8CC.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

1973092914.thumb.jpg.c6d14b4540a0bf973e9e6472cf1658da.jpg