Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mentions he’s been in contact with cardiologists so you’d have to imagine they have advised him it’s safe to keep playing or at the very least the chances of that happening are very low. 

Jamie Adams was essentially by as a footballer, his body couldn't cope with full time football any more. He had an agreement with McCall that he'd play if he could, Bell had a similar agreement. 

If any club signs Allan then it would have to be on that arrangement. There would have to be sufficient cover if he wasn't available. 

The cost of insuring him may be prohibitive to clubs as well. It may be the stumbling block to a lot of folk signing him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine the seethe on here if someone had said at the end of last season that we would have played three league games and still only made four signings, (I’m not counting Bangala yet) despite losing Baird, Muirhead, Fjortoft, McInroy, Adeloye, Maxwell, Gondoh and Kenyon. 

 

Eight out, four in - absolutely wild! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Imagine the seethe on here if someone had said at the end of last season that we would have played three league games and still only made four signings, (I’m not counting Bangala yet) despite losing Baird, Muirhead, Fjortoft, McInroy, Adeloye, Maxwell, Gondoh and Kenyon. 

 

Eight out, four in - absolutely wild! 

It’s actually 10 out if you include Miller and Rowe. 
 

We’ve had a complete shitemare in the transfer window no matter how you look at it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rossco500 said:

Anyone driving to cove with a spare seat? Don’t mind contributing to food costs. Just realised trains are on strike

Are you local? Ship inn are running bus, it is full but I’d imagine you will be able to put on as a reserve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, munro7 said:

For anyone going to Cove this weekend I’ve been told there’s a fanzone at the stadium which is open to away fans pre and post match. It’s at the opposite end of the stand from the away entrance and is apparently open from 12-8.

Disclaimer - I have no idea what beers etc they serve and this is more of a public service announcement than an endorsement!

It's decent enough. Good sized space and outdoors benches as well if weather is good. Pints of Tennents are available. Word to the wise, if you find yourself getting a taxi down to the ground, make sure and pre-book one back out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine the seethe on here if someone had said at the end of last season that we would have played three league games and still only made four signings, (I’m not counting Bangala yet) despite losing Baird, Muirhead, Fjortoft, McInroy, Adeloye, Maxwell, Gondoh and Kenyon. 

 

Eight out, four in - absolutely wild! 


Maybe I’m different but I do not understand folk getting raging over signings. If we had been way off in our recruitment or had recruited utter shite then I could understand being annoyed. Personally I think we’ve upgraded our defence, upgraded our wide options and look like we’ve found someone who’s at least on a par with Adeloye to play up front. Aye we’ve let eight players go but Gondoh and Kenyon were barely part of the squad. We also had a massively bloated squad that needed trimmed down. Not a chance we needed as many as six or seven new faces in.

The annoyance I think comes from Mathie saying that we want a certain type of character and people thinking this means we’re being too picky. I can see the frustration as we’re maybe at the stage where we need to just pay someone to come in but I trust the guys making the decisions and if they want to follow the plan then fair enough. At the end of the day they’ll be judged on these decisions and they know that.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are you local? Ship inn are running bus, it is full but I’d imagine you will be able to put on as a reserve. 

Stay in troon mate. I’d imagine the reserve list has a fair few on it already. Quite last minute plan to go up to cove hence why I didn’t already get seat on bus 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s actually 10 out if you include Miller and Rowe. 
 
We’ve had a complete shitemare in the transfer window no matter how you look at it. 

Why would you include someone who left us on loan last September (I think) and someone who played about an hour of football and then left when he got injured?

You’d be as well counting Nick McAllister and Michael Hewitt as new signings in that case as both of them barely featured last season much like the players you’ve quoted.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:


Maybe I’m different but I do not understand folk getting raging over signings. If we had been way off in our recruitment or had recruited utter shite then I could understand being annoyed. Personally I think we’ve upgraded our defence, upgraded our wide options and look like we’ve found someone who’s at least on a par with Adeloye to play up front. Aye we’ve let eight players go but Gondoh and Kenyon were barely part of the squad. We also had a massively bloated squad that needed trimmed down. Not a chance we needed as many as six or seven new faces in.

The annoyance I think comes from Mathie saying that we want a certain type of character and people thinking this means we’re being too picky. I can see the frustration as we’re maybe at the stage where we need to just pay someone to come in but I trust the guys making the decisions and if they want to follow the plan then fair enough. At the end of the day they’ll be judged on these decisions and they know that.

I’m not actually annoyed tbh, it was just a general point! Though some of  our early performances have obviously helped with that. We are clearly still short though and surely that will be addressed soon. Dipo alone gives us a completely different dimension. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s actually 10 out if you include Miller and Rowe. 
 

We’ve had a complete shitemare in the transfer window no matter how you look at it. 

Knew I would have forgotten someone! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping we make a couple of decent signings. Given decent money was on the table for Sibbald/McInroy and Adeloye. I'd take a punt on Allan, he's a class act and would be a standout at this level (assuming he stays fit).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm hoping we make a couple of decent signings. Given decent money was on the table for Sibbald/McInroy and Adeloye. I'd take a punt on Allan, he's a class act and would be a standout at this level (assuming he stays fit).

Personally I think Allan, though undoubtedly quality, would be an expensive risk. I suspect he would be injured more times than he would be fit and that’s not the type of signing we need with such a small squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Personally I think Allan, though undoubtedly quality, would be an expensive risk. I suspect he would be injured more times than he would be fit and that’s not the type of signing we need with such a small squad.

He didn’t get too many minutes last season for Hibs, but was largely available the majority of the season according to Transfermarkt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He didn’t get too many minutes last season for Hibs, but was largely available the majority of the season according to Transfermarkt. 

Just about every team in our league are still looking for more signings , yet looking at Allan’s comments it looks like no one has gone for him , is there are a reason behind this that we are not aware of ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just about every team in our league are still looking for more signings , yet looking at Allan’s comments it looks like no one has gone for him , is there are a reason behind this that we are not aware of ?

I’d imagine it’s a combination of concern over wages, fitness, health concerns and managers thinking he might be past it.

I’d take him in a heartbeat though. He’d solve a lot of our issues but we’d still need a striker to put all the chances away that he’ll create.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Just about every team in our league are still looking for more signings , yet looking at Allan’s comments it looks like no one has gone for him , is there are a reason behind this that we are not aware of ?

He has a heart defect and diabetes, had to take a decent period out the game. Says he's fit and has had advice from three cardiologists. 

I am guessing he is based in Edinburgh but played for Inverness for a spell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...