The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apparently signing Bailey Cadamarteri on loan from Sheffield Wednesday according to someone on the SRE forum. 17 year old striker, son of Danny who had a spell at Dundee United. 

Had a quick google and this came up.

Who is Bailey Cadamarteri? Sheffield Wednesday youngster attracting Man City | FootballTransfers.com

I've been a big critic of McKenzie and I'm still to be convinced, but in fairness to the big lad he has been continually played out of position wide right which has done him no favours, he's a good honest lad who is at his best in a forward 2,hopefully Bully will have learned that from Friday night, I actually think the same applies to Sam Ashford. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apparently signing Bailey Cadamarteri on loan from Sheffield Wednesday according to someone on the SRE forum. 17 year old striker, son of Danny who had a spell at Dundee United. 

That strikes of someone checking their website, recognising a name and starting a rumour 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

That strikes of someone checking their website, recognising a name and starting a rumour 

Aye, every chance. Also Bullen mentioned wanting a couple of players with experience of the Scottish leagues. 

2 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

I've been a big critic of McKenzie and I'm still to be convinced, but in fairness to the big lad he has been continually played out of position wide right which has done him no favours, he's a good honest lad who is at his best in a forward 2,hopefully Bully will have learned that from Friday night, I actually think the same applies to Sam Ashford. 

I've also been a critic but in all fairness he probably turned the game for us on Friday.

Both he and Daire haven't been great, however both of them contributed a huge amount towards our comeback and I honestly thought that the introduction of McKenzie made a huge difference to Dipo and he played off him far better than he did Bryden.

It's difficult as the previous week JML was outstanding and Daire was very poor but on Friday it was a role reversal.

Who knows, maybe with our wingers it's all about form and confidence on the night ??

At least we know that we DO have options to change things up but there's no doubt that we still require at least 2 quality and experienced players in attacking and central forward positions.

Has anyone managed to bypass the geoblocking at all?

My VPN, which worked last season (I'm in England, and the 3pm restriction came back in here at some point during last season) no longer seems to be enough, and the website is somehow able to identify that I'm not outside the UK.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I've also been a critic but in all fairness he probably turned the game for us on Friday.

Both he and Daire haven't been great, however both of them contributed a huge amount towards our comeback and I honestly thought that the introduction of McKenzie made a huge difference to Dipo and he played off him far better than he did Bryden.

It's difficult as the previous week JML was outstanding and Daire was very poor but on Friday it was a role reversal.

Who knows, maybe with our wingers it's all about form and confidence on the night ??

At least we know that we DO have options to change things up but there's no doubt that we still require at least 2 quality and experienced players in attacking and central forward positions.

Yeah got to agree Daire was poor when he came on against Arbroath and JML was excellent, for me one of them always has to start especially just now in the absence of an attacking midfielder, I thought Daire linked up really well on Friday with Dempsey, McKenzie and Dipo, JML is different as he runs at and terrifies defender's when on form. 

22 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
22 hours ago, RedEd said:
That was the game Paul Lambert, Barry Lavety and Chic Charnley were all sent off and some St Mirren fans tried to storm the Main Stand after the game. Apparently they didn't agree with the referee's decisions. If I remember correctly Lambert's tackle snapped Gordon Mair's shinpad, from the resulting free kick Lavety elbowed Mair and later on Charnley spat at Duncan George.

Should have a had a life time ban for spitting at Duncan George,every team needs a Duncan George.

Duncan George was everything that the modern day footballer is not. Absolute legend. I’m struggling with the timeline but my memory (stop laughing at the back) is that he replaced another legend, Ross Scott. Minus the era related, much needed, strong moustache.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Missing the press conference that we got every game at the tail end of last season before games, I know we got one last week but none for the league cup and seemingly none for this week.

Should be out soon , it was filmed yesterday afternoon with Davie White and Dipo 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:
Should be out soon , it was filmed yesterday afternoon with Davie White and Dipo 

No bully?

It will not be Bullen  every week , his coaching team will also be involved ,