The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, Marc1910 said:

My concern is I am buying this subscription from "New York" but paying for it from a bank on Ayr High Street and it gets rumbled.

It is for my Dad who can't physically attend any more and one blessing from Covid was allowing him to see his team again, do you think the club would turn a blind eye if folk do this as it will benefit them also in extra 'season ticket' type sales?

They aren't checking all the sort codes. Fire on. 

15 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It's a UEFA rule which was suspended during the pandemic. It is now being enforced again. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

Bloody UEFA forcing only Scotland and England to not broadcast matches live during certain times.  

20 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It's a UEFA rule which was suspended during the pandemic. It is now being enforced again. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

Someone on here, maybe Robby or Skyline, Said that the league were in talks with a service provider that would offer a subscription service to all games.

The genie is out the bottle with Pixelot, folk can scam that for free so clubs will miss out on revenue until they can offer something. 

1 hour ago, Marc1910 said:

My concern is I am buying this subscription from "New York" but paying for it from a bank on Ayr High Street and it gets rumbled.

It is for my Dad who can't physically attend any more and one blessing from Covid was allowing him to see his team again, do you think the club would turn a blind eye if folk do this as it will benefit them also in extra 'season ticket' type sales?

It's not against the rules to buy the subscription from anywhere you like, it's just the club are not allowed to stream it to the UK at those hours

The club don't know/care if you're using a VPN to access

I still have a UK bank account and could use it to buy a streaming season ticket from Ayr United if I wanted to 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bloody UEFA forcing only Scotland and England to not broadcast matches live during certain times.  

I'm sure you will know this, but every member association has the option to enforce the rule. Only the SFA and FA opt to do so. I have no problem with that. Clubs at our level and below would suffer if certain fixtures were broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday.

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, bazka6 said:

Was all for buying a streaming season but was put off by the price. I know it’s about a tenner a game but the streaming seems expensive as a lump sum. It’s less games but I can go to watch Perth Glory for the same all season (355AUD)

The A-League is awful though. Brisbane Roar could be playing in my back garden and I wouldn’t watch them.

Been to 1 A-League game and that was enough…

32 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'm sure you will know this, but every member association has the option to enforce the rule. Only the SFA and FA opt to do so. I have no problem with that. Clubs at our level and below would suffer if certain fixtures were broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday.

They didn't suffer last year when it was allowed. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Folk who had to watch the streams were suffering.

Also folk who turned up.  No winners. 

19 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

The quick answer the question of good free VPNs is that there aren't any. Nord, VPN Express and Surfshark are usually considered the best ones. 

Used to be able to flip between free trials of good ones (although you still need to put in credit card details and remember to cancel before the end of the trial period).

MyExpatShield had a 3 month trial at one point and it worked for BBC iPlayer, which I gather is a problem for a few VPNs, but naturally not an issue for most people on here who can get BBCs SPFL Coverage by flipping to channels 101 or 108 (or 9 if you like it in teuchter talk)

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

The A-League is awful though. Brisbane Roar could be playing in my back garden and I wouldn’t watch them.

Been to 1 A-League game and that was enough…

Speaking of Australian football, I see we've been marked safe from Griffiths as he's signed for an Australian juniors side or something. Screams of their version of the WoS league. 

Edited by Hawk89
Googled Mandurah City and found out they were in the West not East!

48 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The fixtures I'm thinking of weren't played at 3pm on a Saturday. 

So they would be outside the ban anyway? 

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

This just isn’t true anymore, given how super easy it is to illegally stream games.  If you want to watch a 3pm game live, you can either watch it on streaming website like hesgoal or viprow or go down the road of a VPN.  

This all reminds me of the music industry trying to stop Napster.  In the end they accepted the genie was out of the bottle and offered legitimate streaming like Spotify.  But as with everything else, Scottish football will hide in the dark ages.  All they are doing is denying themselves potential revenue from people like myself who are never going to do an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or folk who are elderly/infirm who would love to watch their team in the house.

I got a good deal on nord and I particularly like that I can use it on multiple devices at once (eg Fire stick, laptop and iPad) from that single account.

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

This just isn’t true anymore, given how super easy it is to illegally stream games.  If you want to watch a 3pm game live, you can either watch it on streaming website like hesgoal or viprow or go down the road of a VPN.  

This all reminds me of the music industry trying to stop Napster.  In the end they accepted the genie was out of the bottle and offered legitimate streaming like Spotify.  But as with everything else, Scottish football will hide in the dark ages.  All they are doing is denying themselves potential revenue from people like myself who are never going to do an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or folk who are elderly/infirm who would love to watch their team in the house.

Most people I know now have a firestick for IPTV which has a "Scottish Football zone" so again just so simple to stream illegally and who can blame them when Sky and virgin are looking for £150+ per month for TV content, most of which is utter dross in the first place !!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Most people I know now have a firestick for IPTV which has a "Scottish Football zone" so again just so simple to stream illegally and who can blame them when Sky and virgin are looking for £150+ per month for TV content, most of which is utter dross in the first place !!

We're at the point of completely binning our TV package and going with a broadband only deal. Genuinely can't tell you the last thing we watched on Live TV or even recorded on our Virgin box. An SPFL streaming service would be absolutely up my street, already have NFL gamepass. Something similar even on a scaled down size would be excellent. NFL is 24/7 but, even 2 or 3 programmes during the week and a couple of roundup/highlight shows as well as getting access to games would be superb.