Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Just watched the highlights.  Am I imagining it, but were some people having a go at the goalkeeper for the 2nd?  Nuts.

Would have had a better chance if he'd moved his feet instead of flopping on the floor like a dehydrating salmon. The ball was in the air for ages.

Still, doesn't matter now and it didn't cost us.

 

Should add that on the highlights it looks a tougher save than I thought watching it live.

Edited by Iain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Bullen claiming the first half was the first poor 45 minutes of the season. I know most managers like to talk shite but come off it.

Young Bryden had too decent chances in that first half - the first. a diving header resulting in a great save; the second was a one-on-one with the keeper and a wild smack over the bar. He'll learn from that performance and I know Bully will encourage him along the way - keep going young man, and I know you will.

As for Simon Murray and his goal celebration right in front of us. GIRFUY. I hope yer beer afterwards tasted shite.

Brilliant support despite the disappointment of the first half. Second half celebrations were magical - onwards! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

Would have had a better chance if he'd moved his feet instead of flopping on the floor like a dehydrating salmon. The ball was in the air for ages.

Still, doesn't matter now and it didn't cost us.

 

Should add that on the highlights it looks a tougher save than I thought watching it live.

Life becomes so much easier when you can just put your hands up and say “I got that one wrong”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lowerleaguescout said:

Imagine being so bitter that you can’t even be happy your team come back from 2 down to win. So many folk on here desperate for the team to fail so you can moan about it and get a wee green dot on an internet forum to try and give some validation to your own wee toxic mind.  Imagine we get a win again next week, this forum will be devastated. Please seek help.  

I haven’t seen a single Ayr fan on here who isn’t happy. All I’ve seen is the “better fans” absolutely desperate to get it up the fans who had the cheek to moan about the first half performance, instead of just enjoying the comeback.

Stop making things up in your head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

Young Bryden had too decent chances in that first half - the first. a diving header resulting in a great save; the second was a one-on-one with the keeper and a wild smack over the bar. He'll learn from that performance and I know Bully will encourage him along the way - keep going young man, and I know you will.

As for Simon Murray and his goal celebration right in front of us. GIRFUY. I hope yer beer afterwards tasted shite.

Brilliant support despite the disappointment of the first half. Second half celebrations were magical - onwards! 

If I'm being overly critical I thought Bryden should have buried the header, a good save but it was closer to the keeper than it needed to be. The second chance is just a rush of blood to the head, he's smashed it when he should of found his spot.

The QP defence looked very vulnerable for the majority of the game,we just took advantage in the second half. The lack of tracking runners and the inability to challenge from us in the first half was genuinely awful to watch. They fixed it at half time and credit to them, it was a great half. Agree, we took a great crowd up for a Friday evening, the celebrations at the end were great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Bullen really thought that was ashfords best game since signing. Anyone that was there agree with him? On the stream he didn’t look like he did too much 

I was there and would disagree with his thoughts on Ashford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Iain said:

Would have had a better chance if he'd moved his feet instead of flopping on the floor like a dehydrating salmon.

In fairness he did exactly the same thing later on and it was a wonderful save.

From the angle in the highlights he's not getting to Thomas's shot. Better keepers than Albinson would have just stood and watched that sail in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All my happiness and enthusiasm from last post aside....which I cannot deny still buzzing from lasts nights comeback.. 

Couple of talking points.... Owen Coyle what the hell is he on about.... Never a hand ball and penalty.... 

Regardless of what team you support is the guy having a laugh... There defender kicks the ball off his own arm which deflects it away from ayr players.... 

Penalty all day and wouldn't complain of was against us... 

It wasnt a ball to arm unavoidable contact..... He kicked it off his own arm that was flaling about in the air....

People need to understand and keep up to date with rules... 

 

Secondly watched game last night BUT  watching highlights again..... Bryden just isn't ready.... I think he will be a great striker given time.... but he needs some experience and confidence from playing at a lower level... He lost the ball for 2nd goal and few times when watching the game he seemed a bit lost... 

Need a experiences head to play next to big Dipo... 

Finally Dipo... Think Dick Campbell knows the game better than any of us on here, and certainly think he has called it right with the big yin.... He was outstanding last night and causes teams all sorts or problems..... And Jesus how fit is that guy.... He was running full pelt on the 90th minute.... 

If any of us on here see him out on the town tonight..... Buy the lad a pint... 

 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic win. Humble pie being quaffed. However, we really need to start games better. How many games did we lose the first goal in last season, 26? We were good in the second half of many of those games but dire in the first. Early doors, but 4 points after 2 games is not bad. Just stop giving a goal or two of a start and we may be OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched the highlights on Mattmans video and a separate video of McGintys header.

Delighted for Dipo getting off the mark competitively, took his first well and scored the penalty. McGintys header is a bullet.

We looked poor defensively at for Queens Parks 1st. Most goalkeepers aren't getting near the 2nd and it's some strike from Thomas. Personally thought we were buried when they went 2 up so absolutely delighted to be wrong and its some fightback.

For the penalty he Queens player has his arm out fully away from his side, its a stonewall penalty.

Edited by Oceanlineayr
spelling correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were absolutely superb in the second half last night and there should be no ifs, buts or anything else. We were excellent.

He takes a power on here (from myself included) but McKenzie changed the game, not only by his own performance but how Dipo seemed to play much better alongside him and linked up with him much better than he did with Bryden. Same can be said for Daire, I'd honestly say that's the best 45 mins I've seen from Daire as he looked confident and was willing to take on his man, win us free kicks and just basically kept us going forward.

Although some didn't think big Sam did much, he actually worked tirelessly in behind the front 3 after the second half changes and Murdoch, Dempey and Ashford just completely dominated the Queens Midfield and left them chasing shadows. Paddy Reading was also great in the second half and was always there to offer an overload wide left and also put in some decent crosses.

Yes, we still need a couple of players but on the evidence of the first match and the second half last night, this team really isn't that far away.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ending the weekend joint top with Partick and Morton. Not bad all things considered. A signing this coming week would keep a bit of the momentum going and hopefully a win against Hamilton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ending the weekend joint top with Partick and Morton. Not bad all things considered. A signing this coming week would keep a bit of the momentum going and hopefully a win against Hamilton.

Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I haven’t seen a single Ayr fan on here who isn’t happy. All I’ve seen is the “better fans” absolutely desperate to get it up the fans who had the cheek to moan about the first half performance, instead of just enjoying the comeback.

Stop making things up in your head.

It's not just about having a moan, though. 

Absolutely slating the manager and players is a lazy approach, and adds nothing. 

No-one was happy with our league cup results or the fact that our squad is clearly still short. But bullen and co are doing their best to address that - and the players are clearly giving their all. 

Players like McKenzie get absolutely slaughtered - and I'm so chuffed he helped turn the game. He's limited, but always gives his all, and has came through the ranks. 

A wee bit of perspective is all that's needed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

All my happiness and enthusiasm from last post aside....which I cannot deny still buzzing from lasts nights comeback.. 

Couple of talking points.... Owen Coyle what the hell is he on about.... Never a hand ball and penalty.... 

Regardless of what team you support is the guy having a laugh... There defender kicks the ball off his own arm which deflects it away from ayr players.... 

Penalty all day and wouldn't complain of was against us... 

It wasnt a ball to arm unavoidable contact..... He kicked it off his own arm that was flaling about in the air....

People need to understand and keep up to date with rules... 

 

Secondly watched game last night BUT  watching highlights again..... Bryden just isn't ready.... I think he will be a great striker given time.... but he needs some experience and confidence from playing at a lower level... He lost the ball for 2nd goal and few times when watching the game he seemed a bit lost... 

Need a experiences head to play next to big Dipo... 

Finally Dipo... Think Dick Campbell knows the game better than any of us on here, and certainly think he has called it right with the big yin.... He was outstanding last night and causes teams all sorts or problems..... And Jesus how fit is that guy.... He was running full pelt on the 90th minute.... 

If any of us on here see him out on the town tonight..... Buy the lad a pint... 

 

Bryden should not be a regular starter, and I think bullen knows that. When he came on against annan he turned the game, and that's how he should be used. 

But until we get someone in the options to partner dipo from the start are limited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...