The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I always like when we get a result that lots of people didn’t expect

Plucky 0-0 was my expectation. It's nice that Ayr missed lots of shots instead of only a few, but it's still going to be difficult to remain in the division without scoring any goals.

There's no 'blame', the process takes as long as it takes and there's nothing the club or even the football authorities can really do to speed that up. This isnt a new process though and whilst I'd assume Bullen probably isnt conscious of it, I'd be astonished if Mathie wasnt well aware how long it was likely to take before they signed him. Its exactly the same process as has existed for over a decade for non EU players. We went through the same process for Kevin Dziersawski from the US about 7 or 8 years ago. Had to go through a work permit tribunal, then the player had to fly home to the US to wait for an appointment at the British Embassy for a visa to be issued. It can only be issued in country of origin. Took about a month or so then and I imagine the volumes they deal with are much higher now. Your (current / former?) coach Derek Stillie is an expert in immigration law and was involved in our application process. 

Excellent post - the criticism of the Bangala situation seems to be because people don’t understand the process and this explains it very well.

Could understand if the criticism was about us going down the route of signing a player where this process was a factor but we aren’t going to know if it was a risk worth taking until we see him on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I always like when we get a result that lots of people didn’t expect , it’s always the other team were poor , maybe it’s because they were maybe  closed down , not allowed lots of time they got on the ball last time , Arbroath have come off 4 wins in the cup including a win at a Premiership clubs ground ,

I get what you are saying here and largely agree. I expected us to be ragdolled by Arbroath given our insipid Cup performances. So a 0-0 draw is undoubtedly better than that. Its progress of a sort but we need to better (ie. score goals).

I do worry that given how bad things have been in recent years that we are starting to accept average as success.

Yesterdays game went pretty much as I expected , match Arbroath’s tempo and work rate and you give yourself a good chance . Liked our 442 , seemed to suit us well , Albinson was fine , McAlister was superb and Dempsey seems to be getting his form back to where it was last season . 

As others have already stated , our next two signings are critical. Hopefully we do something in that respect this week . 

My only criticism would be we didn’t take advantage of them going down to 10 men . Also as we tired around the 70 minute mark , we didn’t have the impact subs to raise the tempo again . We really do need to find away to score first half goals , that would change everything . However Arbroath are a tough team to play and we did very well to dominate then in most areas ...

58 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

That's one take away from yesterday the bench was pretty weak appart from O'Connor there was no one there you think could make an impact, lots of young guys who unfortunately are not ready for this level.

Would’ve liked to have seen Guthrie or Viviani on the bench, maybe not quite ready, but would have have been a good opportunity going into the last 10 to maybe fling one of them on when Arbroath went down to 10. Would maybe have sacrificed a centre mid or even McAllister, put Ashford to wing back and had McKenzie up top to try force something in the last 10.

58 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

That's one take away from yesterday the bench was pretty weak appart from O'Connor there was no one there you think could make an impact, lots of young guys who unfortunately are not ready for this level.

Would’ve liked to have seen Guthrie or Viviani on the bench, maybe not quite ready, but would have have been a good opportunity going into the last 10 to maybe fling one of them on when Arbroath went down to 10. Would maybe have sacrificed a centre mid or even McAllister, put Ashford to wing back and had McKenzie up top to try force something in the last 10.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I think rather than us being better than last season it’s more that Arbroath are way worse than last season. Bottom 5 for both teams unless a few rabbits are pulled out the hat. Both teams could play all year and not score.

There are seven or eight teams looking at a bottom 5 finish based on the performances and results of Championship sides so far. The standard this season is going to be total dogshit.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What's with the QP game being on next Friday night, have I missed an announcement somewhere? Doesn't seem to be on BBC Scotland either.

Queens Park, with all their forward thinking and progressive approach are trying their hardest to piss off their fans by looking an absolute shambles off it. 
Lesser Hampden doesn’t look like it will be ready this season and they are ground sharing with Stenny who I think are already ground sharing with another team so as a result, Queens might have to play home games there on a Friday night. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queens Park, with all their forward thinking and progressive approach are trying their hardest to piss off their fans by looking an absolute shambles off it. 
Lesser Hampden doesn’t look like it will be ready this season and they are ground sharing with Stenny who I think are already ground sharing with another team so as a result, Queens might have to play home games there on a Friday night. 

Aye they are 3rd in the pecking order.