The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Well yes obviously this is a result of Brexit but that’s the much wider picture and you can debate for days about the stupidity of that and the people that made it happen.

I’m focusing on the actual signing David Bangala and pointing out that it’s no one’s fault he hasn’t joined up the team. I’m not quite sure why people are using it as a stick to beat the club with.

Even if Bangala were here we still need signings. That's near universally accepted amongst the support. Where are the signings? When are they coming in? We heard nothing on that score from Mathie other than we only want players who want to be at Ayr.

More worringly, Bullen thinks we performed well in the League Cup but didn't get the results. Which begs the question - are we actually going to make more signings or is Bangala it? 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m focusing on the actual signing David Bangala and pointing out that it’s no one’s fault he hasn’t joined up the team. I’m not quite sure why people are using it as a stick to beat the club with.

Think it's more that Bangala has actually signed and the club's severe lack of signings. He's been put on a pedestal because of it and is largely expected to be a good player, due to the time it's took. 

The lack of signings does cause slight anxiety before the season has started, due to last season. It's a shame for Bangala as it's nobody at the club's fault but some people need scapegoats 😒

Edited by Roxanne's man

Even if Bangala were here we still need signings. That's near universally accepted amongst the support. Where are the signings? When are they coming in? We heard nothing on that score from Mathie other than we only want players who want to be at Ayr.
More worringly, Bullen thinks we performed well in the League Cup but didn't get the results. Which begs the question - are we actually going to make more signings or is Bangala it? 

Mathie and Bullen have both said they want more signings so I see no reason why we’d settle with what we have as soon as Bangala gets into the country. You can’t really give an update on signings unless there is something genuinely imminent. Clubs can’t make them go any faster as it’s all down to the players. Much like Bangala and his visa, it’s a waiting game.

Think it’s basically that the standard of player we want doesn’t want to come to Ayr, and understandably we don’t want to break whatever the wage structure is in place to get them. What that’ll cost us in the long run who knows. It’s a fairly odd situation having biggish teams in L1 and new money in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie and Bullen have both said they want more signings so I see no reason why we’d settle with what we have as soon as Bangala gets into the country. You can’t really give an update on signings unless there is something genuinely imminent. Clubs can’t make them go any faster as it’s all down to the players. Much like Bangala and his visa, it’s a waiting game.

I get what you are saying about it taking how long it takes. However, what players are we actually looking for? Is it a striker, a right back, a creative midfielder? Details are thin on the ground. Telling us what they are looking for doesn't compromise the search. The lack of specificity and the spin about the League Cup has me a little worried. 

P.S. Also acutely aware of bazka's point, competition is fierce for the same pool of players. There are a lot of clubs on the up chucking money at it.

Completely agree. The only people who are to blame are the English  for dragging all of us out the EU and Westminster who should have negotiated a better brexit deal 

I didn’t realise Mcglashan from Absolutely posted here.

Wales voted for Brexit too I think you’ll find.

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well yes obviously this is a result of Brexit but that’s the much wider picture and you can debate for days about the stupidity of that and the people that made it happen.

I don't want to get into any of the politics but I did say on this forum that based on my experience (I have hired a large number of skilled workers this year) it takes around 3 months. I am not hiring footballers so maybe there are some differences but I would not expect a big delta on that timeline. Given that Bangala was announced on 11 June I would therefore be penciling in late August to early September. But as I say I have not hired footballers nor do I know anything about his circumstances.

I think the club could have managed expectations better but perhaps they naively believed the time lines quoted by the home office. But as I said earlier this is not something the club can control.

Also if you are hiring someone on a two year deal I doubt you would change that decision based on a delay of 4 to 6 weeks.

9 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

About time football clubs served healthy food rather than the shite burgers and hotdogs they usually sell.

Absolutely buzzing to be fighting off seagulls trying to batter into some Korean beef mid November with an actual Capri Sun

That’s brilliant I normally don’t eat at the football as I am a fat c**t and generally do SlimmingWorld to stop my weight getting out of control. I’d eat that though, I do think some people might not want to eat it though as they “don’t like that healthy muck” and surprised they’ve done away with pies entirely 

12 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

About time football clubs served healthy food rather than the shite burgers and hotdogs they usually sell.

Healthy food comes at a cost. Can't see many waiting 10 mins  for a spinach and kale topping. Will ne interesting to see if they have something different for football fans that can be served quickly that is also affordable

Edited by AyrExile

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Surprised we haven’t been linked to Gozi ugwu. I know he wasn’t prolific at Morton last year but I think he ragdolled our defence in a couple of games last year and would maybe do better than what we have up top

His main reason for leaving was that he wanted to go back to England as he's just became a father. Apparently the rumour of him being on trial at Falkirk since then was shite on the part of tabloids, so I'd be surprised to see him turn up at a Scottish club.