The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I feel like I’m playing FM and it’s the week the season starts and you end up spunking the wage budget on an older (experienced) free agent.

As a bit of a left field suggestion, Sam Winnall spent 3 years at S.Weds when our manager was there and is currently a free agent. Has had a few injury problems in the past, but is a good quality centre forward.    

17 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Still think David Mayo would fit in behind Dipo and produce results. He's a free agent.

I still want us to sign Makepeace, so we can have Dempsey and Makepeace in the middle of the park.....

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:
Interesting debate on season ticket numbers. At last some are facing up to your core problem. The new Chairman is busting a gut to whip up some enthusiasm, but has had zilch response from the fan base. People wanting good signings in before they’re willing to commit like he has. Ever heard of chicken and egg? They need the funds and your commitment. Ayr and Kilmarnock, almost exact same populations, although with Prestwick, Ayr area far bigger. 4700 v 1000 season tickets. And before you say it, we sold over 4000 AFTER we were relegated in a miserable season. Tickets already sold for Saturday? 7000. You would expect a gulf, but not that big. Shocking comparison with Arbroath, with half the population. I wouldn’t blame Smith if he walked. 

I hate to agree with you but you have a point you go around Killie and you see plenty of folk in killie colours it's rare to see see in Ayr, it may be due to Killie being in the top league for 30 years and wining a cup of two but for decades it seams that a large proportion of the town don't give a care about the football club Smith and Mathie to there credit are trying to change that with the community engagement but that's not going to change overnight.

It's hard to argue that our season ticket sales are anything other than poor. Maybe Kilmarnock isn't a great comparison because they have been in the top flight for so long but surely we should be aiming for the same number sold as Raith or Falkirk (who have been garbage for some time now). I don't know what percentage of our season tickets are concessions, but if you assume 70% are full price then another 3000 season tickets would bring in nearly 800k which would get close to doubling our player budget. Even another 1000 would bring in 250k which after deducting VAT is still a solid increase. Whatever you think of the manager, being able to afford better players isn't going to make us worse.

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

It's hard to argue that our season ticket sales are anything other than poor. Maybe Kilmarnock isn't a great comparison because they have been in the top flight for so long but surely we should be aiming for the same number sold as Raith or Falkirk (who have been garbage for some time now). I don't know what percentage of our season tickets are concessions, but if you assume 70% are full price then another 3000 season tickets would bring in nearly 800k which would get close to doubling our player budget. Even another 1000 would bring in 250k which after deducting VAT is still a solid increase. Whatever you think of the manager, being able to afford better players isn't going to make us worse.

Think Mathie said along the lines of 40 to 45 percent were adult season tickets last season.

It would be interesting to know exactly where we finish up ST wise compared to clubs in this league. In Morton's board statement yesterday they announced 800+ with around 200 being youth. So we are certainly ahead of them as it stands. 

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I still want us to sign Makepeace, so we can have Dempsey and Makepeace in the middle of the park.....

😂 Actually had to Google that. I was born in 1990. Had an argument with my dad once about how iron and lead is better than Sapphire and steel 🙄 I hadn't a clue.

46 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Surely it’ll be Edinburgh FC or some other lower league east coast team. I can’t see it being us

Going down under

7 minutes ago, United1973 said:

When you’ve got the likes of Dunfermline offering 500 a week more for one of our singing targets we have no chance 

Is this Robbie Crawford you're referring to i take it