The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Does he have a say who comes in or out or is that tv analist guy who picks the players that comes in, Also if you look at the 6-7teir of English football and look at the 6-7 teir of football up here it's teams in the lowland lge and lower than that 

English 6th tier is far higher quality than Scottish 6th tier. All down to population density I guess

51 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Im not sure if this a guess or what but I’d take him. He doesn’t solve our issue of who’s scoring goals but he’s had a good track record at this level bar last season at Hamilton. 

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a Kilbirnie boy but I'd take Josh in a minute.

Does he have a say who comes in or out or is that tv analist guy who picks the players that comes in, Also if you look at the 6-7teir of English football and look at the 6-7 teir of football up here it's teams in the lowland lge and lower than that 

The leagues are not comparable. The 6th and 7th tiers in England are of a higher standard than the Lowland/Highland leagues.

Also, Glendinning won’t be deciding who we sign. His job is just to compile information on players to help Mathie and Bullen decide who to go after. He’ll probably have prepared reports on hundreds of players since coming to Ayr.

3 hours ago, Rossco500 said:

What are the opening times of the club shop? Need to pick up season ticket 

Rest  of week hours

Tuesday 1-5

Wednesday Closed

Thursday 1-5

Friday 10-4

Saturday 12 noon to Kick Off  

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

This presumably means it will be loans , so we will have a team of players from England bolstered with some children who played lowland league football last year. 

As much as Adeloye's EK experience is a data point, the top couple of tiers of the English non-league is miles above Scottish non-league. As quite plainly evidenced by players being able to go from it to the Scottish Championship. The last non-league player in Scotland to make that kind of leap is hopefully going to have his testimonial at Somerset this year.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Are you suggesting he'd move his plumbing business to the other end of the country to sign a 1 year deal at Ayr United?

You've read way too much into that 

58 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As much as Adeloye's EK experience is a data point, the top couple of tiers of the English non-league is miles above Scottish non-league. As quite plainly evidenced by players being able to go from it to the Scottish Championship. The last non-league player in Scotland to make that kind of leap is hopefully going to have his testimonial at Somerset this year.

I would expect it will be Old Firm youth players that will be out on loan that we will get, Both clubs are signing players at a rate of knots so I doubt they will be playing many youth players, Kelly aside, who won't be anywhere near Ayr this season, we will be lucky to get any players with actual league experience. 

One option I thought might be a good one was Ben Doak who is from Dalry, played a few games for Celtic last season but I've just seen he's signed for Liverpool, so thats that fucked. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Not to deflect or anything as i'm sure Bullen would have preferred a smoother start to the season but Raith Rovers look a bit of a shambles

Murray has taken over from McGlynn and his project, he'll have to unpick most of that and start again, I think they will be ok this year but maybe not the play-offs. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

From what i've been told in the last week we've lost out on Josh McPake to Queens Park and Kai Kennedy to Falkirk...

So many of our targets have turned us down now that it’s pretty much guaranteed that the signing(s) we do make will be rushed.