The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

On a more positive note watched clip of David Bangala play against Lille F. C.... 

Looks a bit of a player... Hopefully get to see him for us soon.... Athletic and strong in tackle.... 

Think could be a bit of a find...

See Hibs are awaiting two new signings which are currently tied up in Visa red tape so we're not the only club affected

2 hours ago, rgreig said:

To me it is a positive step - a way to optimise what we can achieve with our playing squad (irrespective of the level we may think they are at individually). Look at how some sports have been absolutely revolutionised by used of data, a very obvious example being F1.

How many clubs in the championship have this capability already?

I'm not against the idea at all. It'll probably be slow to bear fruit though and we need improvement pretty quickly. 

17 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

On a more positive note watched clip of David Bangala play against Lille F. C.... 

Looks a bit of a player... Hopefully get to see him for us soon.... Athletic and strong in tackle.... 

Think could be a bit of a find...

That does sounds promising 🤞

We really need a bit of quality to lift the whole team.

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Unless a couple of big earners are added it does look like the wage bill is tight and cash is being directed at the off field development. I'm ok with this as part of a bigger plan. They do walk a fine line though as can't be a lot of distance away from the good work being undone

I'm pretty sure we had a budget set aside for Sibbald and also a bank breaking offer for McInroy and also cash for Adeloye had he decided to return.

We probably wouldn't have gone for both Sibbald and McInroy, however there must be cash for at least 1 "big" signing I'd think.

Identifying and actually getting this person is another matter entirely of course !!

Maxwell signing a two year deal as a LEFT BACK what he should have been when he played for us, outstanding for Queen of the South in that position and where did we play him, I rest my case.

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Maxwell signing a two year deal as a LEFT BACK what he should have been when he played for us, outstanding for Queen of the South in that position and where did we play him, I rest my case.

Reading was seen as one of our best performers at LB so it was more the fact that we signed a guy for a position where we were already strong and had to shoehorn him in somewhere.

Maxwell wasn't the problem, the problem was we sacrificed a real Midfield signing to get him in the team where he wasn't best utilised.

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, my dad got a phone call from Bullen this afternoon and lasted around 20 minutes to convince him to purchase a season ticket. 

My call with Virgin Media the other day didn't even last that long.

46 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I’m still not sure why we signed the guy (or why there was a clamour for him to come back) when we had a perfectly good LB in Paddy Reading. 

6 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, my dad got a phone call from Bullen this afternoon and lasted around 20 minutes to convince him to purchase a season ticket. 

I sincerely hope that Lee Bullen does not telephone me.  

If it helps the players fair enough, assume it’s a part time consultancy role anyway. This kind of thing might provide a 1% return on the the pitch but feels like we’re about 50% off it at the moment.

11 hours ago, Lochwood said:

He really wasn't outstanding for QotS, certainly not according to my mate who follows them. He really wasn't fussed that he left them and came to us. Have to admit after a relatively bright start I thought he looked generally poor towards the end of the season, very much needed time out in February to refocus.  

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Do we know if Bangala has had a pre-season anywhere? 

He posted an Instagram story of him doing fitness drills the other day. Not seen anything with a ball though.