The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just seen the penalty given away what a clown McKenzie is player going nowhere absolutely no danger and he clatters in to him, don’t know what Bullen sees in him but keep playing him and he will get him sacked, then he caps it with the penalty miss, get him as far away from Somerset as possible boy would struggle in the juniors.

It's honestly getting the stage now where i'd be willing for us to take a punt on Griffiths

Give him a 1 year deal with a break clause in January if he hasn't scored anymore than 5 goals we can let him go. 

If he banged in the goals for us from the start some lower end premiership club struggling would probably come in and give us some cash for him in January...

24 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Just seen the penalty given away what a clown McKenzie is player going nowhere absolutely no danger and he clatters in to him, don’t know what Bullen sees in him but keep playing him and he will get him sacked, then he caps it with the penalty miss, get him as far away from Somerset as possible boy would struggle in the juniors.

It's becoming harder and harder to disagree with this. I don't think he's cut out for this level. Except for that game at Dundee he's never been up to it. Definitely best for him to go out on loan. Otherwise he'll become a lightning rod for criticism if Bullen keeps playing him.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aaron Drinan any good? Think it's unlikely considering he's got another year on his deal down South, but it's been mentioned on our forum. What's he like? What's he like in comparison to Adeloye?

Doesn't score too many but constantly harasses defenders and likes generally rumbling them up all game. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

It's honestly getting the stage now where i'd be willing for us to take a punt on Griffiths

Give him a 1 year deal with a break clause in January if he hasn't scored anymore than 5 goals we can let him go. 

If he banged in the goals for us from the start some lower end premiership club struggling would probably come in and give us some cash for him in January...

He could car share with Scott Allan 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

That goal against Partick is without a doubt the best I've ever seen in the flesh.

The Keigan Parker bicycle kick still has it licked imo. Absolutely FIFA 94 Janco Tiano special it was.

6 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Goals? What is they?

Painful that after a good few years the club has yet to come close to replacing Shankland in the team. 

If you take it back to the start of the Dalziel / Barr era there's almost always been someone worth paying to see, whether it was Horace, Hurst, Teale, Conway, Moffat, Stevenson or Shankland. 

Just have to hope one of the current squad emerges in that way, but there's no evidence so far.

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

This is undoubtedly true, but it is also the case that e.g. Maxwell and McInroy were the difference between finishing bottom and scraping eighth. "Two good Old Firm loan signings and we can look forward to maybe scraping eighth" is a pre-season rallying cry to end them all.

I suppose that makes sense if you have written off all the summer signings already. You got any preferred candidates for the next head coach yet? 

I’m just catching up on the other night. Bullen is fucking hilarious, starts Hewitt at RM and then when he eventually decides to replace him it is McKenzie over O’Connor. I think I’m beginning to realise that I was clutching at straws hoping Bullen was trying to just see the season out in some way with these weird substitutions. It seems that is just him, and that is incredibly fucking worrying.

Edited by No_Problemo

When did we last get papped out the League Cup at the group stage?

The group stage became a feature from 2016-17 and I can't recall us being eliminated at the group stage. Admittedly, my memory may be playing up tbf.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

When did we last get papped out the League Cup at the group stage?

The group stage became a feature from 2016-17 and I can't recall us being eliminated at the group stage. Admittedly, my memory may be playing up tbf.

I think it was the 19-20 season? Pretty sure we made an arse of it at home to Stranraer and that was a reason we couldn’t get an extra player in that year…

Edited by super_carson

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

I think it was the 19-20 season? Pretty sure we made an arse of it at home to Stranraer and that was a reason we couldn’t get an extra player in that year…

Aye. You are right, it went to penalties and if we won the shootout we had a chance but we lost it and I think Harvie missed his penalty? Is that the one?

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

I suppose that makes sense if you have written off all the summer signings already. You got any preferred candidates for the next head coach yet? 

I don't understand what the board even want. They seem quite content for most of the support to think that the manager hasn't got a clue what he's doing, and for the club to live in or one place about the relegation zone while the club infrastructure is renovated. In that case it doesn't really matter who puts the bibs and cones out in the morning. That lends further credence to the lack of the need for a dedicated assistant manager for that job.

In his interviews Bullen keeps referring to we will be ready for the Arbroath game so if he is def using the league cup to try things out formations and players and I would think he has run that past the board.

Come the Arbroath game he has no excuses and I hope the ones he kept and the ones he brought don’t let him down as I genuinely believe he is the most approachable guy we have had in for some time. He surely has given a few every chance to stake a place in the team and the games we’ve played have shown that Hewitt, Smith, and def McKenzie are not ready yet and need to go out on loan, Bryden has just shown that he deserves a chance for me. That being the case we def need at least three who are gonna hit the ground running. Two of them have to be players who can get in the box and defend it’s been glaringly obvious we need that in the two home games.

here’s hoping.