The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

He was never going to come back, but I’m not gonna lie, was absolutely gutted to see him sign for Swindon, because it’s now final. Sometimes you DO know what you’ve got before it’s gone. 

Anyway, a very good move for him and he’s done well to get it. I hope he does very well there, will keep tabs on how he’s getting on from time to time.

Well said. 👏 

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I wish Tomi all the best and I hope he bangs in the goals for Swindon. 

Any mean spirited comments in the sea please.

Exactly! Some petted lips on here - I never got the negativity towards him (especially from the current manager...).

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Exactly! Some petted lips on here - I never got the negativity towards him (especially from the current manager...).

I have a horrible feeling that we’re about to find out how big a loss Adeloye really is. 

Of anyone out there, the manager is the most qualified to speak about him. We have no idea what he was like behind the scenes but I can’t see why Bullen would make anything up about him. I wouldn’t have said he was being negative. Just honest about what kind of character he is.

If the player had been willing to accept the wage we offered him then fine I’d have kept him but there was no way we should’ve gave into his demands and paid him way over the odds what he was worth.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Of anyone out there, the manager is the most qualified to speak about him. We have no idea what he was like behind the scenes but I can’t see why Bullen would make anything up about him. I wouldn’t have said he was being negative. Just honest about what kind of character he is.

If the player had been willing to accept the wage we offered him then fine I’d have kept him but there was no way we should’ve gave into his demands and paid him way over the odds what he was worth.

Bullen’s comments at the vision night about Adeloye were a bit coy, but he certainly left the impression that Adeloye does have an attitude problem of some kind.  Maybe it was just a half baked attempt to scare off potential suitors.

Bullen’s comments at the vision night about Adeloye were a bit coy, but he certainly left the impression that Adeloye does have an attitude problem of some kind.  Maybe it was just a half baked attempt to scare off potential suitors.

I don’t think clubs chasing him would’ve been paying attention to what was being spoken about that night.

FWIW teams have their own concerns around his attitude as Strachan apparently called off Dundee’s offer for him due to these concerns.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FWIW teams have their own concerns around his attitude as Strachan apparently called off Dundee’s offer for him due to these concerns.

That is utter conjecture.

FWIW I find that pretty hard to believe given Dundee loaned Griffiths last season. Griffiths is literally the archetype of a player with attitude issues. 

That is utter conjecture.
FWIW I find that pretty hard to believe given Dundee loaned Griffiths last season. Griffiths is literally the archetype of a player with attitude issues. 

Half the rumours on here are utter conjecture.

Griffiths is a pal of McPakes and I’m sure that would’ve played a part in the move. I’m inclined to believe what Bullen has said on Adeloye as I find it hard to believe he’d lie for no reason.

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That's the away top bought. Didn't find much difference between the Large and XL actually so went with the latter.

How does it look in the flesh (so to speak)? I'm not really sold on either top but prefer the Away to the Home.

Actually think that the comments made by Bullen about Tommi and Maxwell were totally unprofessional, regarding possibly behaviour, what they were wanting next in their careers and what he thought they would get, think he should stick to organising his current team/players and see if he can develop his own career ,which up to now in management is fairly poor/dire. 

Actually think that the comments made by Bullen about Tommi and Maxwell were totally unprofessional, regarding possibly behaviour, what they were wanting next in their careers and what he thought they would get, think he should stick to organising his current team/players and see if he can develop his own career ,which up to now in management is fairly poor/dire. 

Talking about players and managing his own team aren’t mutually exclusive. He can do both.

Some people are just very touchy when it comes to Tomi being criticised. It’s very bizarre.

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

How does it look in the flesh (so to speak)? I'm not really sold on either top but prefer the Away to the Home.

It does look good, material is maybe a tad thin, at least compared to the Scotland home top, if you bought one of those. be interesting to see if the lettering holds up because they are all individually glued on.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Some people are just very touchy when it comes to Tomi being criticised. It’s very bizarre.

Not as touchy as you are about being called out for posting drivel about Dundee passing on Tomi because of attitude tbf.

Tomi is gone. I get that some people are hurting and some never liked the guy for reasons. Just let him go. No need for the character assassination. 

Wish him well and move on. I find it bizarre to do otherwise.

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

That depends on whether we have got our recruitment correct or not 

I think the best we can say about our recruitment at this stage is that it is (hopefully) 2 or 3 players away from being complete!

2 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

That depends on whether we have got our recruitment correct or not 

This is a somewhat euphemistic way of saying "whether the players the club has signed are actually any good at football or not", and yet that very much isn't problem 1 considering how much of the first-team squad still consists of people who were barely capable of staying in this league over the last two seasons.