The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What is the point in pre-season friendlies if you’re going to treat the league cup the same? Utter fucking dugmeat. These are the games that season tickets are sold and I’m sure no one’s buying one off of that

3-5-2 is not gonna work with Houston and reading as wing backs Reading is competent enough to do a job there sure but Houston is a Mare,  wasn’t at the game but did McKenzie do anything besides run about for 65 minutes? 

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

What is the point in pre-season friendlies if you’re going to treat the league cup the same? Utter fucking dugmeat. These are the games that season tickets are sold and I’m sure no one’s buying one off of that

Aye, that was a Hopkin style set up of defensive players, runners and one striker. I’ll wait for the rest of the league cup games before deciding. 

That was fucking dreadful / depressing and from being full of optimism all pre season and indeed this morning I'm already scunnered. 

Alarm bells are absolutely deafening at the moment - fresh start yet still absolutely awful to watch and zero goal threat.   Not a chance I'll be at QoS game and any lingering thoughts of buying a season ticket are in the bin.    

If pushed for positives I'd say Albinson did well for that great stop before HT, Musonda looks quite composed on the ball and Reading's fitness looked good 2nd half, he was the only one who looked capable of creating something. 

We improved as did Houston when McKenzie was removed from the side at the end of the season and O'Connor brought in, but once again this manager is fooled by him, this is dreadful stuff, our 4 main goalscorers left the club without being replaced it's stupidly early to overly criticise but it's the same mistakes sorry but Mark McKenzie will not turn into a decent footballer at this level, Bryden and O Connor must be scratching their heads as are most of us. 

No attacking midfielder, no starting attacking wide player and a known failure at this level upfront, at home on a beautiful summer's day against a 4th tier Scottish part time team, que up to buy yer season's please 

Thought Musonda looked good. Very composed and some good passing. Goalie did nothing wrong, McGinty back to bombscare mode. Houston and McKenzie as crap as ever. Gives us zero threat down the right. Hard to judge the rest as I was watching  the totally crap stream. Like watching the game from outer space. Hadn't a scoobie what was going on on the North Terrace side. At least we got a point. 

Just. Wow. As someone said earlier, there's not going to be a queue for Season Tickets off the back of that garbage served up this afternoon.

That 3 at the back shite, is grim as f**k. Utter torture.
Nick McAllister is an awful footballer. Why is he is anywhere near the starting line-up, let alone as a centre back?
Given the options available...Mark McKenzie as a striker? What the actual f**k?

Anti football, reminiscent of the Hopkin days. Some people are of the opinion "The jury is still out on Bullen." I'm perhaps not that far with it, but sometimes his tactics and lineups are beyond baffling and bordering atrocious. In fact, it's more frustrating to the point of tearing your hair out watching it.

On the plus side, Musonda looks like he reads the game very well. Think he'll be a good addition. Nice to see Dempsey back in as well.

I understand fitness may be an issue with this, but I'm hoping that the new signings will be in sooner rather than later.

Ugh

That was dreadful. Had the majority of possession but didn’t dominate the game, defended well and only gave away one chance. 

Elgin didn’t pack their defence and sit in, they also played a lot of football on the deck. We just had no ideas on how to move the ball forward. 

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Todays game was very entertaining.

Nick McAllister, Dipo, Houston, McKenzie, Albison, McGinty all excellent.

I know you like a little irony at times, and I assume that's why you included Houston and McKenzie.  They might just get a game in League 2, but League 1 would be a big ask.

3 at the back is ok if your full backs get forward and that didn’t happen nearly enough today. The front 2 were as isolated as Adeloye and Ashford were last season in games. The midfield barely played a forward pass all afternoon, there was nothing moving the ball between defenders and the forwards.

Most of the play in the first half was very slow. McKenzie was much as he was last year, Dipo looked a more capable footballer than Adeloye apart  from his shooting. 

The game was played like a preseason friendly, very little atmosphere and very little urgency from the team. If there had been extra time today I don’t think I could have stayed and watched it, it was a dreadful game. 

Let's not go too over the top yet lads and lassies.  I think Bullen is very much treating these matches as pre season and on Tuesday you'll likely see Ashford, O'Connor, JML and possibly Kirk all starting.  I thought Reading had a very good game, Dipo has a far better touch than Tomi and will do well and Musonda was very assured. I've absolutely no time for Mark McKenzie as a football player but he is at least a body who will run when needed. 

I would start to be concerned if we continue with 3-5-2 (more like a 5-3-2 at times) for the next few matches. 

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Let's not go too over the top yet lads and lassies.  I think Bullen is very much treating these matches as pre season and on Tuesday you'll likely see Ashford, O'Connor, JML and possibly Kirk all starting.  I thought Reading had a very good game, Dipo has a far better touch than Tomi and will do well and Musonda was very assured. I've absolutely no time for Mark McKenzie as a football player but he is at least a body who will run when needed. 

I would start to be concerned if we continue with 3-5-2 (more like a 5-3-2 at times) for the next few matches. 

He shouldn't be though, if he is. Money to be made and things to be won.

Redding was really isolated in that first half I thought he was good in the second half though, the problem with 5 at the back is that McGinty is the guy it's going back to if Redding doesn't beat his man, folk might have been frustrated last season with Maxwell but he was a better option to pass it to than McGinty who should be concentrating on defending not setting up an attack.