The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, super_carson said:
33 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
He played for Scotland at u19 and U21 

I'd always assumed he was Scottish because he'd played Scotland age-grwde stuff. Was surprised to hear his accent when he was interviewed.

Your accent doesn't always discern your nationality...you should hear the way I speak :lol: 

59 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was an Only An Excuse clip on that - Chick Young slagging Stainrod for signing all these foreign diddies, instead of some good old fashioned Scottish diddies instead (or something along those lines)

Was Dowe the one that did an interview about how he was far too good for the level and that someone had done him in training cos they were jealous of his suits or something ?

Aye, he wasn't kind about his time at Ayr, he was pretty dreadful as well. 

Posted (edited)

Notice for fans looking for new away top 

We have been advised they will be ready for sale next Saturday in sizes from 5 years to 4XL 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Your accent doesn't always discern your nationality...you should hear the way I speak :lol: 

I speak like a Teuchter apparently. People keep asking me where up north I'm from.

I was born in Yorkshire.

32 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I speak like a Teuchter apparently. People keep asking me where up north I'm from.

I was born in Yorkshire.

I was born in Irvine, which is like this whole other continent.

57 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was born in Yorkshire.

"You shag one sheep...."

19 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
38 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Most folk from Ayrshire over the age of about 20 were technically born in Irvine TBH

True that, but much better than my kids whose birth certificates say Kilmarnock. 🤮

50 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lies.

No one in Kilmarnock has a birth certificate. 

Well, we didn't live in Kilmarnock but they moved the maternity hospital from Irvine to Crosshouse. So anyone in North Ayrshire these days will have Kilmarnock rather than Irvine on their birth certificates. 🤮

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Well, we didn't live in Kilmarnock but they moved the maternity hospital from Irvine to Crosshouse. So anyone in North Ayrshire these days will have Kilmarnock rather than Irvine on their birth certificates. 🤮

My nephew was born in Kilmarnock as well.

Poor boy.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Most folk from Ayrshire over the age of about 20 were technically born in Irvine TBH

Thornyflat representative here. 

Bellshill????? Lol

Aye that was my first reaction. Apparently if you’re from Hamilton and were born in the early/mid 90s that’s where you went to be brought into the world.

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hopefully a decent crowd today not expecting anything like the Partick game and I doubt Elgin will bring many up.

It'll be a hard one to predict. You still get fans who go to most home league games that never go to cup games which will have an impact.

On the other hand, you'll get those who would not go to this fixture if it was a few months into the season, but will go today because they are just choking to be back at the fitba and this is the first chance.

I reckon it will be about maybe 1000 today at a guess. Hard to know.

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hopefully a decent crowd today not expecting anything like the Partick game and I doubt Elgin will bring many up.

57 tickets sold by  Elgin at moment