The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

59 minutes ago, the west curve said:

The big team in Ayrshire have sold another 120 season tickets today.

Will that go towards paying your debt that was written off?

You know, doing the right thing and all that - seeing as you are a “Massive Club” and all?

That a yes?

Yip?

Defo?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolute gang!

Andy Goram has died, almost an Ayr player after he was training with the club and was due to play on the Saturday but was poached by Man United. Coached Davie Hutton under Roberts and played for Motherwell against Ayr in probably the best Ayr game I've ever seen. His wife used to sell 50/50 draw tickets at the club as well. 

37 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

same family by any 

39 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Will that go towards paying your debt that was written off?

You know, doing the right thing and all that - seeing as you are a “Massive Club” and all?

That a yes?

Yip?

Defo?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Absolute gang!

At least you agree on who the big team is. 

This is quite interesting. I was initially rather surprised that either Arbroath or Ayr would be considered a good investment opportunity because I always thought the relatively low ceiling on gate receipts, fans base etc would be a limiting factor. But reading some of the text, the report authors believe that increases in gate receipts (what they call utilisation) represent a major opportunity. They don't really say why though.
What would represent a realistic crowd target for us? Right now 3000 home fans every week would I am sure be considered fantastic by the board. There is an interesting book called The Roar of the Crowd which contains lots of stats about football attendances in Scotland over the years and that does show that Ayr did not historically have lower gates than similar provincial clubs like our county rivals.
Maybe I am wrong but I don't think that will change rapidly; we are still suffering from the effects of what Bob Crampsie many years ago described as "Ayr on a shoe string".

Thought there would be a bit more debate on this. I can understand the potential they see in the dabs, as the current level of support, given the catchment area, is pathetic and open to expansion. Arbroath, not so much.

Congratulations. Only 14,000 empty seats.

More money for players, no matter which way you put it. You’re people seem to think having another few hundred thousand quid to spend wouldn’t matter. By the way, with the changes to the ground, increased seasons, walk ups and away fans there will be nothing like 14k empty seats. I’m quite confident a far bigger percentage of our capacity will be used compared to yours.

So  it’s Elgin next Saturday with a bounce game against Falkirk squeezed in mid week to get Lawson and Bangala (maybe) a game . We do seem a bit short of goals as has been mentioned. An attacking midfielder and a lefty with some goals would be brilliant acquisitions . I’d be really surprised if we managed to get Sibald however Maxwell is possible , maybe h3 could bust his total of 5 in what was a car crash season . I’m also coming round to the idea of another decent forward , who I have no idea , back to you Mr Glendinning .

For Elgin we should be looking at two up top surely ? At the moment that would be Dipo and either Bryden or Ashford . Lawson and O’Conner maybe a half each . Anyway not much time left now , looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

More money for players, no matter which way you put it. You’re people seem to think having another few hundred thousand quid to spend wouldn’t matter. By the way, with the changes to the ground, increased seasons, walk ups and away fans there will be nothing like 14k empty seats. I’m quite confident a far bigger percentage of our capacity will be used compared to yours.

I apologise for my miscalculation. In view of your superior knowledge of the infrastructure at Rugby Park I have reconsidered.  I should have stated circa 14,000 empty seats. Once more I thank you for consistently checking in to appraise yourself of what is happening at Ayr United Football Club. Your interest is greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Andy Goram has died, almost an Ayr player after he was training with the club and was due to play on the Saturday but was poached by Man United. Coached Davie Hutton under Roberts and played for Motherwell against Ayr in probably the best Ayr game I've ever seen. His wife used to sell 50/50 draw tickets at the club as well. 

Yeah Ayr seemed like a home to him for a number of years. Was good mates with guys from the cricket club and would see him in the pubs or bookies. Down to earth guy happy to have a chat  

2 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Don't have a dog in this fight but Killie fans going on about season tickets is one of the most tragic things I have ever seen

One of them is a pensioner, now that is fucking tragic :lol: