Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

Reports that Craig Sibbald is in attendance at New Central Park

Well that’ll be him wasted playing at Thistle. Unless Kelty are going baws oot to sign him.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, diege said:
Reports that Craig Sibbald is in attendance at New Central Park

Jobbie would probably play him in goals.

Uncle Ian is obsessed with central midfielders. He seems to stockpile them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, diege said:

Reports that Craig Sibbald is in attendance at New Central Park

From who cause nobody has even suggested it on the Thistle forum?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From who cause nobody has even suggested it on the Thistle forum?

A local journo. I asked on the Thistle thread and one suggestion was that he was just watching his pals Lawless and McMillan play.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need some help troops for a wee project - more information to follow when ready.
I’m looking for important / iconic goals / goalscoring exploits for Ayr
On my list so far I have
Moff at Brechin (play offs)
Geggan against Killie (cup)
Jamie Adams against Raith (league)
Roberts against Hibs (cup)
Smith against St Mirren (cup)
Williams against Killie (cup)
Stevo against Airdrie (play offs)
Sir Lawrence against Dundee Utd (league)
 

People might disagree but I’d include Todd away at ICT last season and Adeloyes header against Partick Thistle.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:


A local journo. I asked on the Thistle thread and one suggestion was that he was just watching his pals Lawless and McMillan play.

Speaking exclusively to Glasgow Live Sport , he said: "Yeah. We are still well light. I think I've got two midfielders and a goalkeeper kind of lined up. When that will happen I don't know.

"If we can manage to get them in we will still be looking for a striker, a centre-back and a wide player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Speaking exclusively to Glasgow Live Sport , he said: "Yeah. We are still well light. I think I've got two midfielders and a goalkeeper kind of lined up. When that will happen I don't know.

"If we can manage to get them in we will still be looking for a striker, a centre-back and a wide player.

Sibbald Maxwell and adeloye to Patrick then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

From who cause nobody has even suggested it on the Thistle forum?

Craig Cairns on twitter who was at the game, Courier journo and involved with A View From the Terrace.

Edited by diege
OTT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, diege said:

Craig Cairns on twitter who was at the game, Courier journo and involved with A View From the Terrace, that alright?

Bit more reliable than some da then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I need some help troops for a wee project - more information to follow when ready.

I’m looking for important / iconic goals / goalscoring exploits for Ayr

On my list so far I have

Moff at Brechin (play offs)

Geggan against Killie (cup)

Jamie Adams against Raith (league)

Roberts against Hibs (cup)

Smith against St Mirren (cup)

Williams against Killie (cup)

Stevo against Airdrie (play offs)

Sir Lawrence against Dundee Utd (league)

 

I'm struggling to add to any of the iconic ones from a football point of view, but might as well throw in Chris Strains 2nd goal at Cappielow on 9th August 05 as I was in the home end with some pals from Greenock and in the celebrations bumped in to my current wife so that's up there for me haha. 

The only other one that jumps out was Fraser Brydens goal v Inverness recently which was the first goal my son ever saw Ayr score.  Made it so much sweeter for me that it was a local boy scoring his first goal.  

Mon Ayr 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...