The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

With a bit of luck Maxwell will rock up at Firhill and be nowhere near Somerset next season. Crawford is about ten times the midfielder Maxwell is.

Maxwell reminded me very much like McDaid, you'd get a couple of matches where he was head and shoulders above the rest (derby game we won) and then he would go on a run of about 5/6 games where he was anonymous largely. 

Have to say though don't think Bully played him in the position to get the best out of him most of the time. 

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Unpopular opinion i know but i think we could do a lot worse than Broadfoot

I agree assuming Musonda and McGinty are the starting centre half’s having someone like Broadfoot as an experienced back would be a good benefit

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Unpopular opinion i know but i think we could do a lot worse than Broadfoot

I don't think it's his football ability folk have issue with :lol:

I think much will depend on whether Bangala has been signed as RB or as a defensive Midfielder.

Most of us would probably agree that RB is our biggest problem position, despite having quite a few players who can actually play there as the question remains are ANY of them actually good enough ?

If Bangala can make that position his own, then that would allow a place for an additional starting Midfielder and we'd always have Bangala for cover if required.

Ideally I'd like a goalscoring playmaker, however they don't exactly grow on trees, so personally someone who can carry the ball and link up play with the forwards would be ideal and Robbie Crawford can definitely fit that position. We know he's not one for the dirty work but that's why we'd have Dempsey and Murdoch in behind him.

All in all though, I feel the squad is coming together pretty well.

33 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Right if Dipo scores a hatrick tonight I'm going full heads blown and putting all my wages on us to win the league.

33's with Betway is the best I've seen.

They have Cove at 14's but Queens Park at 50's for some bizarre reason !!!

Edited by WATTOO

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is the game v the Washington team behind closed doors or not? I'm seeing varying answers on the SRE

It wasn't listed as being behind closed doors on the Facebook post a couple of weeks ago, unlike the others.

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is the game v the Washington team behind closed doors or not? I'm seeing varying answers on the SRE

I'd be quite interested to go to that one if it was open doors. No idea what level they would be at, but given how much money the American's chuck at uni sports I can't imagine they'll be anything like the sides in the WoSFL.