The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I don't really like posting about this as to be totally honest with you I'm not as clued up on the detail as some others are, but there are huge differences.

First of all Haughey is considerably more wealthy than Mileson ever was; not sure about Barr, but I suspect the same likely applies to him too.

Secondly he hasn't bought the club, he is simply injecting cash, a commitment he has guaranteed (contractually, I believe) will last for a minimum of ten years.

What we need to do is use this time and money to build something sustainable. Bringing in a DOF who was wildly successful in a league that's renowned for generating young players and selling them on for massive profit will be key to that; he really wants to reshape youth development at the club.

Is it manageable? No idea, but it's certainly exciting and I'll be sure to enjoy it while it lasts, wherever it ends up taking us.

Is it manageable? I’m not saying it won’t be but there is little historical evidence to suggest it will. 

Can QP be a sustainable premier league team based on the size of support? They would probably attract an extra 500-1000 fans in the premier league, maybe get similar gates to Livingston and Hamilton. 
Neither (the current incarnation of) Livingston or Hamiltons spent excessively to get there.

Could they rely on selling young talent ? If you are paying good wages for good pro’s it doesn’t look like youth is a priority certainly in the short term. Hamilton did well at this but youth development tends to be a generational thing, Falkirk, Hibs and Hamilton all had a spell of churning out talent like a conveyer belt but it wasn’t sustained beyond a couple of years.

Other clubs have done it like Ross County and Inverness, Ross County have spent money obviously but have never made a signing that the rest of Scottish football have thought, how did they afford that? 

From someone who went through The Barr era, I wish he’d spent the money on bricks and Mortar that Nigel Jemson and Jens Martin Knudsen, revenue streams to support the football business.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not against it of he comes in but we are still needing that experience in the squad moff is the only guy over 30 and then it's McGinty at 27/28 it's a very young squad.

Although he's only 24, played a good few games at Raith (50 I think).  It's actually nice to see another teams fans unhappy at us potentially signing one of their (ex) players.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

We wouldn't have been promoted last season without Coyle, he made a huge difference to the levels of effort and intensity on the park as soon he started getting involved. One of his biggest issues in previous jobs according to fans of Ross County etc. was recruitment, something he's not fully in charge of at us. I'm happy with the appointment.

I  think you've got an EXCELLENT team of people from Leanne Dempster, to Owen Coyle to Sandy Stewart (who i wanted as Ayr Manager) and the Dutch guy who I don't know much about but who has a good reputation.

I'd say your backroom team is more a mid to top table Premier side rather than that of a Championship newcomer and have no doubts that you'll do well.

See Ayr have announced a new sponsorship board, a local gym. The picture includes the owner in his gym gear and I hope this trend will continue. We should only advertise business if they turn up for a photo shoot wearing clothing that represents their job

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See Ayr have announced a new sponsorship board, a local gym. The picture includes the owner in his gym gear and I hope this trend will continue. We should only advertise business if they turn up for a photo shoot wearing clothing that represents their job

I know Allan personally and he is a good guy who you regularly see in the hub and at Somerset.  They had been using the gym since the turn of the year, so it's good to see them get a deal sorted that benefits both parties.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I know Allan personally and he is a good guy who you regularly see in the hub and at Somerset.  They had been using the gym since the turn of the year, so it's good to see them get a deal sorted that benefits both parties.

Aye, no slight on the guy himself. The club should support the town and hopefully the town will support it back.

The more local businesses that Ayr can utilise in the hope of a return the better. 

31 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is it manageable? I’m not saying it won’t be but there is little historical evidence to suggest it will. 

Can QP be a sustainable premier league team based on the size of support? They would probably attract an extra 500-1000 fans in the premier league, maybe get similar gates to Livingston and Hamilton. 
Neither (the current incarnation of) Livingston or Hamiltons spent excessively to get there.

Could they rely on selling young talent ? If you are paying good wages for good pro’s it doesn’t look like youth is a priority certainly in the short term. Hamilton did well at this but youth development tends to be a generational thing, Falkirk, Hibs and Hamilton all had a spell of churning out talent like a conveyer belt but it wasn’t sustained beyond a couple of years.

Other clubs have done it like Ross County and Inverness, Ross County have spent money obviously but have never made a signing that the rest of Scottish football have thought, how did they afford that? 

From someone who went through The Barr era, I wish he’d spent the money on bricks and Mortar that Nigel Jemson and Jens Martin Knudsen, revenue streams to support the football business.

If you're curious about Beuker's vision for the future of youth development at the club, I'd recommend taking a look at the article here:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-start-with-young-team/

With the money that's available there's no reason why we can't focus on this while also maintaining a competitive first team.

Regarding crowds, it really doesn't help that we're homeless at the minute. Honestly our attendances were pretty decent last season considering we were brutal to watch at times and playing up in Maryhill.

There's room for growth, last season for example the club gave away free tickets to primary schools and put buses on to get them to games. This sort of initiative will no doubt help get more people interested but the sooner we're in Lesser Hampden the better.

15 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If you're curious about Beuker's vision for the future of youth development at the club, I'd recommend taking a look at the article here:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-start-with-young-team/

With the money that's available there's no reason why we can't focus on this while also maintaining a competitive first team.

Regarding crowds, it really doesn't help that we're homeless at the minute. Honestly our attendances were pretty decent last season considering we were brutal to watch at times and playing up in Maryhill.

There's room for growth, last season for example the club gave away free tickets to primary schools and put buses on to get them to games. This sort of initiative will no doubt help get more people interested but the sooner we're in Lesser Hampden the better.

When is the expected move in date for Lesser Hampden? I walk past it most days and it's looking good, albeit missing a stand.