The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

What the f**k are you? Do you ever leave the house? If so, f**k me you’re brave. Spellcheck. Fucking spellcheck. Apps, google it, buy a dictionary or ask your mum/carer to check it.  If you are a troll and you mean the stuff you say then you are an absolute genius. If you don’t mean the stuff you say then wow. Just wow. That’s w-o-w if I was going to quick for you. I’m giving you every opertunity to proof me rong.

Sends this to me asks me if I'm the troll,naw fella I'm just a person with the same right to have a opinion about the team than any off you

Scotland has just won so see instead off sending this pseudo agressive acting out behaviour please know I don't give a shit and I'm about to get absolutely out my bin

Enjoy your night and don't feel the need to reply

Edited by General dissaray

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Sends this to me asks me if I'm the troll,naw fella I'm just a person with the same right to have a opinion about the team than any off you

Scotland has just won so see instead off sending this pseudo agressive acting out behaviour please know I don't give a shit and I'm about to get absolutely out my bin

Enjoy your night and don't feel the need to reply

Ok, won’t reply. Spellcheck.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I can mind even back in Dalziel's day him saying about boys coming into pre-season training in great nick. I don't believe it's the issue that people think it might be.

It’s not so much the fitness side I’d be worried about as you very rarely see players coming back from their summer off massively out of shape. It’s more I think we need to get players in asap to allow them to gel so we’re ready to hit the ground running come the Elgin game on 9th July. 

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

The lack of new signings are a big worry . 

Why ??? We have signed as many players as any other team in the league so far , we don’t have a meaningful game for nearly 4 weeks , there are more than a few irons in the fire , some players contracts don’t finish until June 30th , we won’t start the league short of players ,  loan players don’t come until middle July and every team will have 1/2 of them in their squad 

Edited by Finlay21

The lack of new signings are a big worry . 

The only club in our league that has signed more players than us is Partick. Pre season training only started properly on Monday and Bullen and Mathie both seemed quite content with what’s been done so far when they spoke last week. By the Elgin game I’m hoping we’ve brought in at least another 4 players. That would be two centre backs, a midfielder and a wide player. I think we’ve got enough elsewhere to see us manage the league cup games. I’d then be pretty happy for us to use those games to get a good look at where we’re lacking quality and also look at the loan market. It also means that we can give a better chance to some of the younger players.

To need 4 signings in just under 4 weeks is an okay position to be in imo. I think it’s very achievable.

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Why ??? We have signed as many players as any other team in the league so far , we don’t have a meaningful game for nearly 4 weeks , there are more than a few irons in the fire , some players contracts don’t finish until June 30th , we won’t start the league short of players ,  loan players don’t come until middle July and every team will have 1/2 of them in their squad 

That’s all fine and well but we shouldn’t be discounting the league cup. We have a very good record in the competition and it’s the chance to pull one of the big guns for a good payday which for a club like ourselves is massive.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s all fine and well but we shouldn’t be discounting the league cup. We have a very good record in the competition and it’s the chance to pull one of the big guns for a good payday which for a club like ourselves is massive.

We should have enough to beat QOS , Elgin and Annan with current squad , we don’t play St Johnstone for about another 5 weeks in the cup surely we will have a full squad before then , don’t get the panic that some fans want a full squad this week 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We should have enough to beat QOS , Elgin and Annan with current squad , we don’t play St Johnstone for about another 5 weeks in the cup surely we will have a full squad before then , don’t get the panic that some fans want a full squad this week 

Looking at QOS squad and signings they have made id say they are currently stronger than ourselves. 

I'm not bothered about attacking players but I do want the two new centre backs in sharp, they'll need to work on their partnership and it'll generally help preparations in pre season.  The rest of the squad is in good enough nick it just needs added to, these two are essential. 

Looking at QOS squad and signings they have made id say they are currently stronger than ourselves. 

Aye maybe because we currently have one recognised centre back. I think I’d be struggling to pick a player from their squad that I’d be happy with us signing. Maybe Gavin Reilly.

As itzdrk said, it’s time to get the defence sorted. Was a real problem area for large parts of last season. It’s good that we’re looking at almost an overhaul of central defence but we still need to get the right guys in.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm not bothered about attacking players but I do want the two new centre backs in sharp, they'll need to work on their partnership and it'll generally help preparations in pre season.  The rest of the squad is in good enough nick it just needs added to, these two are essential. 

We won’t have a new centre half partnership. It will be McGinty and another. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Honestly, as much as we definitely need a pair of new centre backs, I'm more excited about Akinyemi skinning Baird at Morton.

The team will come together before the 9th. I'd bet that there's been a few names in mind since before last season ended.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While we’ve got you here how does it two new signings look in your graph? Don’t know if it covers the national league south or Slovakian league. 

I don't but I can add 21/22 from both leagues in and see what comes out. Heres what I get, with the usual caveats that these can be affected by how a player is asked to play as much as any show of quality.

David Bangala

bangala.thumb.png.5b48437378c32b0f7b5d07491cfb96a0.png

Seems like he really, really, loves getting stuck in and is also good at it. Didn't get involved in attacking play at all. Not a clue what level the league is in terms of technical ability but it looks like he was below it. Probably be a great player at the base of your midfield if you have legs on one side and a creative attacking player on the other?

Again, maybe he was just told to sit deep and defend and theres more to him.

Dipo Akinyemi

dipo.thumb.png.d88b3f9fd9b2258daf8aafd35bd26d9c.png

System thinks he'd be suited to a wider role than as a central striker. Seems really well rounded but low shot quality probably suggests hes prone to taking shots from outside the box. Looks like a punt worth taking tbh, especially if you could partner him with Adeloye?

Spoiler

tomi.thumb.png.25f0645e4833089b703cac8dffd85b28.png

Not sure how fair this is on Adeloye?

Not great defensively or in terms of just recycling possession, but great in/around the box and comparing him to the club average shows he was hugely important in attack last season.

I don't but I can add 21/22 from both leagues in and see what comes out. Heres what I get, with the usual caveats that these can be affected by how a player is asked to play as much as any show of quality.

David Bangala

bangala.thumb.png.5b48437378c32b0f7b5d07491cfb96a0.png

Seems like he really, really, loves getting stuck in and is also good at it. Didn't get involved in attacking play at all. Not a clue what level the league is in terms of technical ability but it looks like he was below it. Probably be a great player at the base of your midfield if you have legs on one side and a creative attacking player on the other?

Again, maybe he was just told to sit deep and defend and theres more to him.

Dipo Akinyemi

dipo.thumb.png.d88b3f9fd9b2258daf8aafd35bd26d9c.png

System thinks he'd be suited to a wider role than as a central striker. Seems really well rounded but low shot quality probably suggests hes prone to taking shots from outside the box. Looks like a punt worth taking tbh, especially if you could partner him with Adeloye?

Spoiler

tomi.thumb.png.25f0645e4833089b703cac8dffd85b28.png

Not sure how fair this is on Adeloye?

Not great defensively or in terms of just recycling possession, but great in/around the box and comparing him to the club average shows he was hugely important in attack last season.

Despite him looking pretty limited on the ball I like the look of Bangala on paper. We’ve not really had an out and out ball winner since Docherty and it’s been evident in the last couple of seasons.

Akinyemi looks interesting as well. If Bullen intends to play 4-3-3 then he might be looking for guys who can play in more than one position up front. Michael Gyasi, who we’ve been linked with is a striker/winger as well. Ashford seems to be in the same boat. Ideally we’d still have a point man who is an out and out striker Bullen seems to want to have a pretty fluid and adaptable squad.

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I would rather have our squad than theirs by a mile at this time