The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Released from league winners Pyunik Yerevan who finished 24 points in front of 3rd place Alashkert. Sevco played Alashkert in the qualifiers of the Europa league that they couldn't win, last year and could only beat them 1-0 over two legs. Definitely better than the championship.

Thought I'd ask as I wasn't sure, as the new player today, David Bangala, was signed from the equivalent to the premier League in Slovakia.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Thought I'd ask as I wasn't sure, as the new player today, David Bangala, was signed from the equivalent to the premier League in Slovakia.

Not too sure about the quality of the Slovakian league. Slovan Bratislava are a decent European team but the team Bangala played for finished bottom with 4 wins all season. Before that he was in the 6th tier of French football. Risky signing but I prefer that to the usual merry go round of Scottish jobbers. 

12 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Was sent this;

"They said relegation would have cost quarter of a million, but the budget would have stayed and smith would have funded the short fall and everyone applauded"

Sounds peak Ayr Utd. The self loving posts of Dave Smith's spell in charge on social media as well as the hub wankathon. We've truly reached the "mark for themself" (wrestling fans will get this) era 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was the big news some French guy? That it? Drumming up more hype for "nothing" than Britain's Got Talent does. 

I don’t think anyone at the club drummed up any hype in terms of signing news tbf...

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think anyone at the club drummed up any hype in terms of signing news tbf...

The big news is the new stand they plan to build.

Club offices shifting to new stand, I assume to give way to the Academy. Updated hospitality, bar venue, hospitality venue for 170.

Majority of stand will be terrace, with seats connected to the hospitality.

Apparently the slope doesnt make things easy, the word topography used lol. Will be built into the slope

May 2023 start date, planning application end of June 22 - 700 seats

Edited by diege
updated info

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sounds peak Ayr Utd. The self loving posts of Dave Smith's spell in charge on social media as well as the hub wankathon. We've truly reached the "mark for themself" (wrestling fans will get this) era 

Huge mark for himself, thought that earlier with historic moment post like it's the beginning of an angle lol

1 minute ago, diege said:

The big news is the new stand they plan to build.

Club offices shifting to new stand, I assume to give way to the Academy. Updated hospitality, bar venue, hospitality venue for 170.

Hub 2: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, southsiderayr said:

Huge mark for himself, thought that earlier with historic moment post like it's the beginning of an angle lol

It is a historic moment though...

The stadium in its current design has been unchanged for decades. It is basically the definition of historic in relation to Ayr United. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That does look smart. Didnt read it just looked at the pics 😂 does it say anything about completion date? Would be amazing if they could build it in the "off season" as I'm sure us NT loyal would miss our usual perch for games if its unavailable due to contrstruction for a bit