The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Always nice to reminisce on the past from time to time. Never know whether to smile or cry when watching this.

The one with Smith and Shankland @ RC was wonderful. 

I am sure the last plans for a ground at Heathfield were scuppered because the council were not in favour of an out of town leisure facility there. The fundraiser for the stadium was the construction of a cinema and restaurant complex. 
The council would only support a town centre application for such a thing to be built.

So here we are, on the cusp of potentially announcing major stadium improvements at Somerset and the council don’t want a town centre development.

I maintain that Ayr are perhaps the unluckiest football club in Scotland 

I always remember in the 09/10 season, the club always stuck an image of the supposed new ground on the programmes. 
Was some laugh
Aye and we had the years that Somerset Park had been in existence under the badge.

42 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

The one with Smith and Shankland @ RC was wonderful. 

The Partick Thistle one was obviously out of this world

However the one at Dundee in the league cup is the one for me, fact he could just chest it and smash it in on the volley without even a bounce or touch was phenomenal

Edited by rb123!

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Forget the roof, just spunk all the funds on bringing Shankland back

You would seriously put the long term investment in to the club out the window for the short term investment of bringing Shankland back?

Me to. 

Who else had a smile to themselves, already imagining him in the Somerset dugout, when they saw Jamie Adams had been appointed as manager of Creetown?

Adams, Moff and Geggan management team 2024/25

Edited by AUFC 1910

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

The Partick Thistle one was obviously out of this world

However the one at Dundee in the league cup is the one for me, fact he could just chest it and smash it in on the volley without even a bounce or touch was phenomenal

It was so close to where we where sitting at RC although was pretty close to the Dundee one too. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wikipedia says he’s a defender.

At the beginning of the season Bangala had replaced Ján Hatok, who had left the squad despite being a crucial part of the team in the 2019–20 season, playing as a right back.[2] Bangala, however, came to be utilised as a defensive midfielder instead. He made his competitive Fortuna Liga debut during an away fixture of the first round of the season at ViOn Aréna, on 8 August 2020, against ViOn Zlaté Moravce. Pohronie went two down during the first half, with ViOn's second goal coming from . Through Fadera and Weir late in the second half Pohronie managed to get a point from the match after a 2:2 tie.[3]