The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The signings will come, most players contracts will have only ended on Monday night and because of this stupid bank holiday it was always going to be a slow week, hopefully we start to see some serious action from Monday.

Difference is players based on England can be registered to end of this month 

If Adeloye is leaving and as long as he isn’t signing for anyone immediately the club could delay announcing his departure until they have a replacement signed up.

He wasn’t prolific at National League level prior to joining us but did well here so hopefully if we bring in a more regular goal scorer with a similar style from a lower division like National League North/South level they could have the same impact.

Still be big shoes to fill but at least whoever comes next will be compared to Adeloye rather than Shankland. In saying that unless Fernando Torres wants to come out of retirement we'll probably end up with Afolabi…

I think some are more concerned about not hearing any rumours of signings as opposed to the actual signings.

Personally I'd prefer to hear nothing (so as they can't be snatched away) and then just get told about it once they've signed on that dotted line.

I'd imagine the start of next week could be a busy time....

4 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

If Adeloye is leaving and as long as he isn’t signing for anyone immediately the club could delay announcing his departure until they have a replacement signed up.

He wasn’t prolific at National League level prior to joining us but did well here so hopefully if we bring in a more regular goal scorer with a similar style from a lower division like National League North/South level they could have the same impact.

Still be big shoes to fill but at least whoever comes next will be compared to Adeloye rather than Shankland. In saying that unless Fernando Torres wants to come out of retirement we'll probably end up with Afolabi…

Adeloye at his best was great for us but as you say his past record elsewhere and also the many games he was non existent and missed one on ones etc, confirm to me that he's far from irreplaceable, same as I feel about McInroy.

From Adeloye's own perspective, I'd say he's playing a dangerous game and maybe thinks he's better than he actually is, if it's all about being loved and being happy / content where he plays (as he often said) then you'd think he'd be only too happy to extend his stay at Ayr, however if he chooses not to, then it will all come across like the stereotypical badge kissers of the modern mercenary era, especially if he ends up in direct competition with us.

Dipo Akinyemi on a two year deal.  From Welling Utd?

No idea who he is but it's nice to have a signing.  Does this mean we're saying cheerio to Tomi or is there still a chance?

Edited by super_carson

On 02/06/2022 at 09:46, Iain said:

I'm hoping they announce the world's smallest undersoil heating installation for that strip of land in front of the main stand that never defrosts.

Speaking of which, I wonder whether a newly embiggened North Terrace/Stand will create frost issues on the other touchline.

Unless there is some giant planetary shift it should be ok 😂 

4 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

Unless there is some giant planetary shift it should be ok 😂 

Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't rule out cosmic intervention.

28 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

In saying that unless Fernando Torres wants to come out of retirement we'll probably end up with Afolabi…

Or we get a mix of the two since his Twitter is El Nino and his first name is Afolabi.

The man himself told me on Wednesday that he loves to bully defenders so hopefully he's true to his word. Decent scoring record at National League South last season.