The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I suspect he’ll end up at a higher level than us. After all he got out of his Accies contract which was signed in the Premiership 

He'd be ideal for this Ayr team. Strong and has pace. Maybe Glendinning could pull that rabbit out the hat.

Though I'd be more focused on getting Adeloye or a clone of him for the season coming. Mcinroy we can replace but Adeloye was a total game changer at times....

45 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Sad to see McInroy go, had hoped he would stay at Ayr but that's how it is sometimes.  Got to concentrate on finding a replacement and at least it's relatively early in the summer. 

The longer it's gone on that he hasn't signed, the more likely is that Adeloye will  be away.  If he goes, he goes.  If it's to play at a higher level, or for a bigger wage or to be closer at home they're all valid reasons.  It'd be pretty gutting if he went to a team in the same league for a wage similar wage to what we were offering, but if he is away elsewhere then we all just need to move on.  I'd love for him to stay, and it probably wouldn't do his career and development any harm to stay more than one season somewhere but as fans we never know the motives as to why players move on.  

I think this is part of the "disconnect" problem nowadays between players and fans and interfering agents. I totally get that players are looking out for themselves and their families etc by trying to get the best deal possible, however equally they shouldn't expect an easy ride by fans who they've more or less screwed over after using them as social media playthings.

You get the few like Alan Forrest who probably stayed longer than he needed / maybe should have, but I have nothing but respect for the guy and he always conducted himself so professionally, also guys like Shankland and Rose who are few and far between in the modern era and showed a large degree of gratitude ./ respect to the club, the Manager and of course the fans.

Doc's move left a bitter taste due to the way it came about and of course the Thistle / McCall aspect but ultimately he was a good servant to the club and was also a very good captain and ambassador by all accounts.

We then have guys like Cammy Smith, who, if the stories are true, pretty much screwed us over for a couple of quid and situations like Todorov who apparently reneged on what was pretty much a done deal.

As I say, it's changed days, footballers have short careers and they have their financial future to think about but it's a two way street and if acting like a mercenary is going to become the "norm" with little to no interest in the club or the fans, then I'm afraid it's going to be a pretty sharp downward spiral for us all......

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was there not a Bristol City player we were linked with on here if Adeloye left? Sure it was only posted a few days ago.

A quick Google search on him was very promising, although he looked to have lost his way recently (ideal type for us probably).

It appeared that half the top clubs in England were tracking him a couple of years back but for whatever reason his form tailed off / progression slowed.

Another Shankland ? or another promising talent lost to the game ??

Who knows ???

Sure the club will have plenty of targets, probably of a higher standard than we'd imagine and I doubt they'll come from the merry go round up here......here's hopeing anyway 

I am guessing that plan B's wont be currently sitting in the car park waiting for a shout to come in and sign. Depends on how quickly the club can sound out available players and then get them in for talks if they are interested. 

Everyone is putting a lot of blind faith in the set-up assuming that players are identified and there is a plan in place. I think the rage may be more if they f**k it up this year than last seasons farce. 

They were hoping to have everyone in place for pre-season so they have another 10 days or so before anyone needs to panic. 

1 hour ago, grazza said:

Reckon they will have a major signing or two on the day or during the vision night

If the players aren’t brought into the bar one by one and made to down a pint of Moretti then I’m not interested. 

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Considering he literally ditched your racist little outfit, I don’t think you really have a leg to stand on.

Does he not support the same team as you?

Or is that what you are getting at.

42 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope in a few months the new developments don't become a source of mockery like the hub did last season.

If the development night is all about the rebuilding of a hospitality suite that the majority of the support will never set foot in while there are still no goalscorers on the books then that definitely won't bode well.

Does he not support the same team as you?
Or is that what you are getting at.

He supports Clydebank or whatever it is they call themselves these days.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hope in a few months the new developments don't become a source of mockery like the hub did last season.

The only people mocking were ones with an agenda or short sighted individuals who can't understand that building an infrastructure with a long term strategy is MUCH more important than chucking a few grand at some 3rd rate lower level mercenary and his mates.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The only people mocking were ones with an agenda or short sighted individuals who can't understand that building an infrastructure with a long term strategy is MUCH more important than chucking a few grand at some 3rd rate lower level mercenary and his mates.

Totally agree 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

To be fair, most of the mocking (myself included) was aimed at the fact that the Hub was occasionally being used as a convenient piece of spin while our playing squad was failing miserably and looked destined to take us back to League 1.

I doubt there was anyone who really disliked the idea of the hub. It is fair however, to say that while all attention is being drawn to the hub, we were seriously struggling on the pitch and looked in real danger.

In the end, we're still a championship club. So all is well for now.

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not that much more important, having all this infrastructure in place wouldn't have counted for much if we ended up in league 1 for possibly a long time. Staying in the Championship was just as important.