The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Moffat re-signs while a sun journalist reporting that we’re losing Adeloye.

We’re probably looking at needing (IMO)

RB

2x CB

Attacking midfielder

Winger

2x Strikers

Edited by ayrunitedfw

33 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Well not quite. He was at the mercy of his parent club in January. Now he is a free transfer, looks like you are the ones being ditched mate

32 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Speaking of getting away from diddie mobs, that's the sun reporting Adeloye is set to leave Ayr.

Airdrie fans lording it over a player who ditched your club in January not signing Ayr.

Got to say it’s a weird flex but what else can you do when you’ve been doing nothing but looking up at us for the past decade?

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Means we are looking for another starter every week instead of a back up, wonder if Cammy Smith could come back in to the thinking?

1 goal and 1 assist last season for a top 4 side, 39 appearances, Maxwell got 5 goals 2 assists in a bottom 3 side in 35 appearances. 

Smith had his chance, I wouldn't touch him, think Thistle fans are generally non plussed either 

46 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Scott Burns reporting that Dunfermline and QoS in for Broadfoot

No saw what's gone out but I know also the VL club in the lowland League are interested.  Hope he goes there. 

39 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The notion that McInroy turned it down because he just can't bear to leave Fife is ludicrous. There were already reports that there was no way he'd get the same salary from Ayr on a new contract, which is massively more likely to be the correct answer.

I fully expect Adeloye to be away now as well. So there had better be some strikers getting looked at.

f**k knows what Moffat is playing at.

We win our promotion battles tbf, infact we even win our relegation ones inaw !!!

Yes we have absolutely no idea what it’s like to be involved in a promotion battle despite being a league above you, winning promotion twice and being in the playoffs twice all in the time you’ve been floundering about in League 1.

Airdrie fans really are the gift that keeps on giving.

Tbf I actually just went to the bother of checking your league placing the last few years and didn’t realise you had finished 4th in championship under jobby McCall. Fair play

Must still be a worry that you are losing decent players

Tbf I actually just went to the bother of checking your league placing the last few years and didn’t realise you had finished 4th in championship under jobby McCall. Fair play

Must still be a worry that you are losing decent players

Not really no. We’ve had a large group of fantastic players leave in the last few years and we’re still here. Players will leave and we will replace them.

19 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Hopefully Bullen's comment means that McInroy isn't in this league next season. Otherwise we should all bet on him scoring against us as it would inevitably happen.

image.png.2d4e34ee2cf14d1890f037d1281b8688.png

Is that fucking LinkedIn?

Is that fucking LinkedIn?

Aye

It’s become quite popular for coaches and managers although his activity mainly consists of sharing Ayr news and tweets.

My favourite bit was when John Hughes congratulated him for keeping us up, only to be relegated by Queens Park a week later.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Means we are looking for another starter every week instead of a back up, wonder if Cammy Smith could come back in to the thinking?

I think I speak for every Thistle fan when I say that you are more than welcome to him.

His time with us has consisted of a goal against you guys, and lots of running about not achieving much. His work rate is very good, but his actual end product has been terrible. Granted, he’s spent a lot of time out of position, but even then when he’s played centrally he’s not done any better.

All that being the case, I think McCall likes him, and he won’t go unless/until we have a replacement sorted.