The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McInroy not returning. 

Would not be surprised to see him rolling up at a club 10 minutes from his house ! Raith Rovers ( having worked under Murray ) or the new cash cows QP , but wish him all the best as he contributed a great deal to keep us up 

Edited by Finlay21

19 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Can’t wait to see his photo with uncle Ian signing a 2 year deal 

It could be a possibility, I think  Glasgow would be as for South as he is willing to travel in Scotland , I think he is settled in Fife and would take a lot to relocate ,  3 to 4 hour round  trip on top of training in Ayr for 2 years , tough call 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

It could be a possibility, I think  Glasgow would be as for South as he is willing to travel in Scotland , I think he is settled in Fife and would take a lot to relocate ,  3 to 4 hour round  trip on top of training in Ayr for 2 years , tough one 

A 21 year old footballer unwilling to move and only willing to travel thirty minutes from his house would be pretty hilarious tbh. 

It's all too easy for a group of football fans to be saying a young footballer should be doing this that and the next thing on an internet forum.  He will be doing what he feels is best for him and his career.  Best of luck to him.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

It's all too easy for a group of football fans to be saying a young footballer should be doing this that and the next thing on an internet forum.  He will be doing what he feels is best for him and his career.  Best of luck to him.

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone saying what he should do tbh...

That's obviously disappointing. However, we have retained Murdoch and Dempsey. We also have Smith who was fantastic towards the end of the season. Hewitt as well. Its not like last season where we only had Chalmers and Murdoch in there.

I wish Kerr all the best.

Hoping Adeloye stays though. 🙏 

To put it in to context, If you live in Ayr and work in Glasgow and were offered a job in Dunfermline for an extra £5k a year, so an additional hours drive every day along with fuel costs. It’s not that appealing. 

imagine the rage if he signed for Queen of the south or Inverness now

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone saying what he should do tbh...

You said a footballer his age not willing to relocate would be funny.  I imagine it was tongue in cheek, but we don't really know the motivating factors behind his decision.  To be fair, for all we know, he may have been sounded out by a Premiership team.  Like I said, all the best to him bar when/if he plays us.  Hopefully we have something announced soon to distract us! 

Money talks at the end of the day. Everyone has a price. We were not willing to or able to offer enough to make him want to move or travel, take your pick. Not a criticism of the decision makers just the reality. Just need to find the right people at the right money. I’m sure we will.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

It is a bit funny seeing groups of people (not just on here) who probably haven’t moved more than an hour from Ayr, claiming that he should be willing to move from Fife.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

You said a footballer his age not willing to relocate would be funny.  I imagine it was tongue in cheek, but we don't really know the motivating factors behind his decision.  To be fair, for all we know, he may have been sounded out by a Premiership team.  Like I said, all the best to him bar when/if he plays us.  Hopefully we have something announced soon to distract us! 

A young footballer unwilling to relocate from Fife given the myriad of options they might have would be fucking hilarious. I doubt that is actually the case here though - I’m sure he has something decent lined up and will do well! I imagine all will be unveiled soon...

5 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Money talks at the end of the day. Everyone has a price. We were not willing to or able to offer enough to make him want to move or travel, take your pick. Not a criticism of the decision makers just the reality. Just need to find the right people at the right money. I’m sure we will.

This

37 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Football fans always hold footballers to a different standard with shit like this. You see it when a good player stays in Scotland their whole career - some folk moan about them never testing themselves down south or abroad as if these guys don’t have families or anything else to consider.

That’s a more extreme example but in Kerr’s case, if someone is offering you a similar wage to play at the same level, an hour or two closer to home, you’re probably taking it.

That’s a blow for us but if we’re being honest it was always going to be a challenge to hold onto him. If Adeloye stays then we’ve still got a solid base to build on.

Hoping that because the club have put out a right downer of a tweet this morning then they can cheer us up later.