The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I had a feeling the club would of managed to have a few deals agreed in principle before the season ended and it would of just been a case of us staying up to get them over the line. Clearly I expected too much 😂

Across the whole league there has only been 11 signings announced so far, and we have one of them in Dempsey -Partick have about 5 so there are clubs worse off than us! May is always quiet as players are under contract until the end of the month so are still getting paid and the majority of players and managers are on holiday and like everyone else have probably not been away in a couple of years so will be making the most of it.

There will also be competition for players, guys like Broadfoot, leaving Inverness to play closer to home could mean he is a very possible player for Ayr, Morton, Partick or Hamilton. If 3 out of 4 of them are interested he’ll be waiting for the best deal. Same with half a dozen other players. Him being confident of a deal at a club closer to home suggests McCall has already been in his ear. 
How many free kicks would a back line of Muirhead and Broadfoot give away? 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There will also be competition for players, guys like Broadfoot, leaving Inverness to play closer to home could mean he is a very possible player for Ayr, Morton, Partick or Hamilton. If 3 out of 4 of them are interested he’ll be waiting for the best deal. Same with half a dozen other players. Him being confident of a deal at a club closer to home suggests McCall has already been in his ear. 
How many free kicks would a back line of Muirhead and Broadfoot give away? 

I hope not - honestly Ayr are welcome to Broadfoot

44 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I hope not - honestly Ayr are welcome to Broadfoot

He fits the bill for McCall, known player and a leader on the park. 

he doesn’t fit Ayrs current signing policy but we only have one CH on the books which worries me. 

Broadfoot would be an excellent addition for either club, you saw how well he performed for Inverness at this level last season.

Aye this

It’s amazing the amount of flak and ridicule he takes. He’s likely finished in the top flight but could easily go another season at this level. I’d absolutely chuck a one year deal at him and Chris Burke as well.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Broadfoot would be an excellent addition for either club, you saw how well he performed for Inverness at this level last season.

I didn't think he was impressive in any of the games against us.  

I do mind he shat himself though 

FB_IMG_1654009126252.jpg

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There's that Scott Brown signed for Raith. 

Shite anyway/Never wanted him/The club are sticking to their plan/Too early to panic/Wouldn't fit the system*

*delete as applicable

12 minutes ago, Iain said:

Shite anyway/Never wanted him/The club are sticking to their plan/Too early to panic/Wouldn't fit the system*

*delete as applicable

As soon as Murray went to Raith I think it was always on the cards Brown was going there 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

As soon as Murray went to Raith I think it was always on the cards Brown was going there 

Not sure Brown was what we wanted though his experience will probably do wonders for RR. I'd like to see us sign someone with his leadership qualities for sure but don't see that many in Scotland so I'm hoping Bullen and Glendinning have some contacts down south that give us that. Still urgently want Adeloye and McInroy to sign otherwise we'll need a rabbit or two out the hat from our recruitment guy 🤨