The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fjorotft looked anything but arrogant. Really genuine guy who wanted to do well for himself and the club but was limited ability wise. If we’re talking about arrogance or thinking they’re better than they are then Fjortoft is the last person I’d make that accusation of.

Yep, Fjortoft is a lovely guy. Genuinely gutted for him that it didn't work out at Ayr.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

there has been no gossip or speculation in terms of names.

Other than Scott Brown and Roke Nchaso 😒 though they're just rumours. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

our signing policy has been very much Leftfield signings from lower league English footbal

Which is kinda worrying tbh 😔 Ryan Gondoh and Alex Kenyon didn't work out at all, you'd hope that some proper scouting goes into who we're signing for this season coming.

4 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Well that’s something we can agree on. McKenna is is nowhere near the worst defender we’ve had in recent years….

Step up Jack Baird and Marcus Fjortoft….

No. The accolade for our worst defender in recent years does go to Scott McKenna. His best position was unused sub. He was a total liability. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Other than Scott Brown and Roke Nchaso 😒 though they're just rumours. 

Which is kinda worrying tbh 😔 Ryan Gondoh and Alex Kenyon didn't work out at all, you'd hope that some proper scouting goes into who we're signing for this season coming.

Kenyon was the right kind of player and he was available at the right time between windows, it made sense to sign him based on Dempsey being out for the remainder of the season. He wasn’t fit and we weren’t in a position to carry passengers while they gained fitness so he never played. From his interview when he joined he had no interest in staying beyond the end of the season. He may be a capable player but we’ll never know. The move seemed to suit both parties. 

Gondoh, barely got a kick and didn’t do anything of note once he was here. Didn’t seem to play in any trial games or be here long enough to warrant a 2 year deal. Think he may have been signed pre-Glendinning though. 

Which is kinda worrying tbh [emoji17] Ryan Gondoh and Alex Kenyon didn't work out at all, you'd hope that some proper scouting goes into who we're signing for this season coming.

That boy Nchaso isn’t really a rumour I don’t think. I posted him on here because he’d been following the clubs Twitter account but it turns out he’d done the same for a few other clubs. Think he’ll just be touting himself for a move this summer.

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kenyon was the right kind of player and he was available at the right time between windows, it made sense to sign him based on Dempsey being out for the remainder of the season. He wasn’t fit and we weren’t in a position to carry passengers while they gained fitness so he never played. From his interview when he joined he had no interest in staying beyond the end of the season. He may be a capable player but we’ll never know. The move seemed to suit both parties. 

Gondoh, barely got a kick and didn’t do anything of note once he was here. Didn’t seem to play in any trial games or be here long enough to warrant a 2 year deal. Think he may have been signed pre-Glendinning though. 

Bullen apparently said that he had never seen Gondoh playing prior to him signing so think it’s must of been a Glendinning signing.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen apparently said that he had never seen Gondoh playing prior to him signing so think it’s must of been a Glendinning signing.

Bullen after seeing him in the first training session - "He's f**k all to do with me"

I knew he wasn't a Bullen signing or at least he was possibly signed on a recommendation from someone, He came in pretty early on so I'm not sure of the timeline. 

Either way, the best thing I can say about Kenyon and  Gondoh is, they didn't play long enough to show what they could do and they are gone now and unlikely to come back so we will never know. 

Their legacy is, they have left no legacy. 

Has Kenyon not retired? I think he was only ever signed as cover for Dempsey but his fitness was not up to the job, as for Gondoh still a bit of a strange one he was always going to be a hit or miss not sure why we gambled on 18 month deal when Bullen had never seen him play.

44 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Has Kenyon not retired? I think he was only ever signed as cover for Dempsey but his fitness was not up to the job, as for Gondoh still a bit of a strange one he was always going to be a hit or miss not sure why we gambled on 18 month deal when Bullen had never seen him play.

I think with Gondoh, he had previously played with Adeloye, who I presume must have said something to convince the manager to sign him 🤔 some sort of 'Amazing partnership' they had previously. We never saw it.

There was a lot of chat last season about having O'Connor and Gondoh on either wing to give a better attack, which didn't materialise.

Kenyon, I'm sure, was a captain at Morecambe FC. So It would be a good idea from that perspective, added experience in the middle of the park but unfortunately it didn't work out due to fitness.

On 26/05/2022 at 13:21, diegomarahenry said:

No, speaking to a Kilmarnock fan I know, he said all he did last season was have one good game. Said he looked his age last year.

if Darvel go up I would expect him to maybe join them. 

Burke is still a very good player. Coming off the bench he can change a game as he proved against Arbroath. 

Signing news quite quiet across the board just now so think a lot of clubs are probably waiting until the magic 1st June date...

Not sure why we need to wait. Pre contracts are a thing and we could’ve announced new signings like Partick and Morton have done.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not sure why we need to wait. Pre contracts are a thing and we could’ve announced new signings like Partick and Morton have done.

We’ve already announced a signing in Ben Dempsey so aye we can’t really use that as an excuse. 

There’s also the issue that most players are on holiday around this time as most teams return to training next week , I think I have only seen about a dozen signings announced throughout the full league so far 

There’s also the issue that most players are on holiday around this time as most teams return to training next week , I think I have only seen about a dozen signings announced throughout the full league so far 

I’m not really bothered at this stage. New signings at this stage are a rarity unless stuff has been lined up for a while. I’m more focused on Adeloye and McInroy (although I’ve almost resigned myself to him leaving).

Way too early for worrying about lack of news, if we get to July without hearing a peep it'll be concerning. If we get to the second league cup game I'll be knicker wetting. 

On 28/05/2022 at 14:54, ayrunitedfw said:

He won’t go to Dunfermline. He flopped there last season. 

On our third manager since then, used to go to Dunfermline games as a kid. Would be nice to have him back but seing as he's spent his youth career in Glasgow I doubt location is that important. 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Surely with contracts ending at midnight tonight we will be seeing some movement soon 

I had a feeling the club would of managed to have a few deals agreed in principle before the season ended and it would of just been a case of us staying up to get them over the line. Clearly I expected too much 😂