The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

We were lucky to have Cameron around to take the club on from Barr at that time. He was a genuine fan and one with deep enough pockets to maintain and run the club if not deep enough to fund meaningful capital expenditure on the ground or a realistic challenge much beyond making the Championship play-offs.

Cameron was hardly inundated with bids to take the club off his hands during his ownership and he rightly batted away the occasional fantasist that did appear. The achievements on the park during McCall’s time were beyond what I believed could be achieved with Cameron’s resources and the revenue that our current attendance levels generate so for me his legacy is a positive one although not one that warrants our club bar being named after him - for me it should be McLeod’s Bar.

I remember hearing a story about Bill Barr, don't know if it is true or not. 

He made a surprise visit to a site, when he got out his car he saw someone sitting in a digger reading a paper. He flung open the door and said to the guy "if you've time to read the paper you've time to use a shovel" and tried to hand the guy one. 

The guy refused and Barr told him to get to f**k off his site and not come back. 

When he came back out the office later on, everyone was hanging about. He asked what the hold up was. He had told a BT engineer that didn't work for him to f**k off and they couldn't do anything until they got him back. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I remember hearing a story about Bill Barr, don't know if it is true or not. 

He made a surprise visit to a site, when he got out his car he saw someone sitting in a digger reading a paper. He flung open the door and said to the guy "if you've time to read the paper you've time to use a shovel" and tried to hand the guy one. 

The guy refused and Barr told him to get to f**k off his site and not come back. 

When he came back out the office later on, everyone was hanging about. He asked what the hold up was. He had told a BT engineer that didn't work for him to f**k off and they couldn't do anything until they got him back. 

Sounds like him .

There was a season we wore our away kit about every other home game because half the teams in the league had a navy home and white away kit combo that both clashed with our black white halved top.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

There was a season we wore our away kit about every other home game because half the teams in the league had a navy home and white away kit combo that both clashed with our black white halved top.

Yeah, the 2010-11 season were all we wore was the black shirt with the gold stripes. 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, the 2010-11 season were all we wore was the black shirt with the gold stripes. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It's difficult to talk about much because there isn't much to talk about until signings are confirmed, strips are released of the vision night takes place. 

I meant to post that in the kits thread where that discussion was actually taking place, not here 😆

At least it’s taking us away from talking about the tax bill or Tomi’s Instagram.

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

We already have the Ally McLeod Hospitality Suite 

I'm not sure I'd want that glorified portakabin named after me. Hopefully the new one is a fitting building to name after the great man.

3 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

That champions league final was shite last night .what you think ? 

Honestly, if that is the best Europe has to offer, then I'd rather be watching The Super at Somerset every day of the week.

As much as I would love to see Ayr doing well and possibly in Europe, some of the European matches are nothing but total borefests.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Honestly, if that is the best Europe has to offer, then I'd rather be watching The Super at Somerset every day of the week.

As much as I would love to see Ayr doing well and possibly in Europe, some of the European matches are nothing but total borefests.

You see the semi final?????????? 🤣

Edited by 1320Lichtie

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You see the semi final?????????? 🤣

Saw them both. I'm unsure whether its the silly amounts of money pissed up a rope on players for these european cup teams or the expectations that some fans set themselves that annoys me. Last night just seemed like a 'Meh' game of football for all the hype.

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Scott Mckenna in the Premiership FFS he was honestly one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Ayr strip

I couldn't agree more and sadly, we'll probably see him in the Scotland starting line up soon 😒

Michael Rose a Much Much better player imo.

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Scott Mckenna in the Premiership FFS he was honestly one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Ayr strip

He and Kevin Nisbet showed absolutely no indication that they would go on to do quite well in their careers.

34 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I’m going to be controversial here but Scott McKenna was no where near as bad as what some make out. He was actually very good in his 1st spell in the season we narrowly survived relegation to league 1. He wasn’t very good admittedly in his 2nd spell and didn’t think he’d go on to be a Scottish internationalist and potentially playing in EPL. 

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Saw them both. I'm unsure whether its the silly amounts of money pissed up a rope on players for these european cup teams or the expectations that some fans set themselves that annoys me. Last night just seemed like a 'Meh' game of football for all the hype.

I couldn't agree more and sadly, we'll probably see him in the Scotland starting line up soon 😒

Michael Rose a Much Much better player imo.

I read online that rose was being looked at by a few premier league teams. Hopefully get some dough from that transfer fee as I’m sure there was a sell on added in for us allowing him to go down during the season 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m going to be controversial here but Scott McKenna was no where near as bad as what some make out. He was actually very good in his 1st spell in the season we narrowly survived relegation to league 1. He wasn’t very good admittedly in his 2nd spell and didn’t think he’d go on to be a Scottish internationalist and potentially playing in EPL. 

I don't think its controversial at all. One season he played it was a hard one for any defender. Actually thought he was really good for his age but let himself down with several bombscare tackles. Perhaps people expected more as he came from Aberdeen and forgot how inexperienced he was