The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah that all sounds too good mate. He’ll be away to Morton or Queens Park. We never seem to go for the outstanding players in League 1.

In McCall 1st full season we certainly did. Off the top of my head, Boyle, Docherty, Fleming, Trouten and McLaughlin 

In McCall 1st full season we certainly did. Off the top of my head, Boyle, Docherty, Fleming, Trouten and McLaughlin 

Yeah whilst we were in League 1. My point is that you normally get two or three guys that really stand out in that league and can make the step up but it’s never to us. Money obviously comes down to it but McInroy is the first in a long while that a player has been ripping it up in that league and we’ve came in and signed them.

Brown seems to have a decent track record for goals in that league so hopefully it’s a goer.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

2 seasons in a row?

Was at Dumbarton for about six months was he not?

Aye and then Clyde for 3 months the next season on loan from us.  It was a somewhat tongue in cheek comment.  Although I do think he might still be useful next year after a full pre-season.  

Aye and then Clyde for 3 months the next season on loan from us.  It was a somewhat tongue in cheek comment.  Although I do think he might still be useful next year after a full pre-season.  

Meh, I’d maybe give him a shot in the league cup.

Mathies comments about a smaller squad don’t make for great news for him. I’d imagine we’ll want a few guys to be able to play more than one position comfortably. Being a second or third choice right back and being unable to play anywhere else at this level might mean he’s moved on.

I like him though. He showed more heart in the few games he played last season than some of the gutless c***s we’ve had recently. I just don’t know if he’s actually good enough for this level.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah that all sounds too good mate. He’ll be away to Morton or Queens Park. We never seem to go for the outstanding players in League 1.

This time then! Him and McInroy  would be a very decent midfield duo. The latter is more of a match winner and can produce a moment of brilliance as you will fine well know. Brown does a bit more of the break-up of play but is effective going forward.

We've signed feck all so far, not even a contract extension. Must still be celebrating the L1 title.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

This time then! Him and McInroy  would be a very decent midfield duo. The latter is more of a match winner and can produce a moment of brilliance as you will fine well know. Brown does a bit more of the break-up of play but is effective going forward.
We've signed feck all so far, not even a contract extension. Must still be celebrating the L1 title.

No chance we’ll sign both of them. We’ve already got Andy Murdoch and Ben Dempsey signed up long term and they’re both very good at this level. Add to that young Paul Smith and Mikey Hewitt who’ll have a big part to play next season. Brown sounds like someone Bullen would want though. Experienced, runs about, good eye for a pass. I’ll be happy with one of Brown or McInroy.

System thinks Brown is superb. Not seen him play since he left us to know how accurate that is, mind you. Definitely looks like hes ready to step up a level though.

briwn.thumb.png.e8be74673ac86b8d9fd7345281b71bbe.png

System thinks Brown is superb. Not seen him play since he left us to know how accurate that is, mind you. Definitely looks like hes ready to step up a level though.

briwn.thumb.png.e8be74673ac86b8d9fd7345281b71bbe.png

What’s the wee percentages in the top right corner? That guys that he shows similarities to?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the wee percentages in the top right corner? That guys that he shows similarities to?

Yeah, again I've no idea how correct they are in this instance. I've never seen Howie play as an example.

Yeah, again I've no idea how correct they are in this instance. I've never seen Howie play as an example.

Aye he seemed to be a bang average centre back in League 1. Liking that he shows similarities to Regan Hendry though.

Still think he’ll end up at Queens Park though.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he seemed to be a bang average centre back in League 1. Liking that he shows similarities to Regan Hendry though.

Theres often flaws where players who play the majority of games in a different position end up in the wrong section and score high. For examples wingers sometimes drop into the CM section and have huge scores for creative/attacking play. Its a bit shit and annoying but I don't know how to avoid it yet 😅 Howie maybe has similarly large scores to Brown as hes doing lots of defensive and possession work as a CB.

Just checked and Howie scores high for possession/attacking stuff as a CB, so it'll be even higher as a CM due to positional quirks.

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No chance we’ll sign both of them. We’ve already got Andy Murdoch and Ben Dempsey signed up long term and they’re both very good at this level. Add to that young Paul Smith and Mikey Hewitt who’ll have a big part to play next season. Brown sounds like someone Bullen would want though. Experienced, runs about, good eye for a pass. I’ll be happy with one of Brown or McInroy.

Mathie never actually said we’ll have a smaller squad than this season (it wasn’t particularly big this season anyway). He said we wouldn’t have a big squad.

we currently have a squad of 20 (including 5 youth players who id expect to be loaned out. If Moffat and Adeloye re-sign then it takes us to 17 I’d expect us to add another 5 or 6. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds like you only really need one of them and concentrate the other funds elsewhere.

McInroy will be in demand obviously. I'd like to see him at Cove but he'll want to stay FT and that will rule us out.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Meh, I’d maybe give him a shot in the league cup.

Mathies comments about a smaller squad don’t make for great news for him. I’d imagine we’ll want a few guys to be able to play more than one position comfortably. Being a second or third choice right back and being unable to play anywhere else at this level might mean he’s moved on.

I like him though. He showed more heart in the few games he played last season than some of the gutless c***s we’ve had recently. I just don’t know if he’s actually good enough for this level.

As far as I know he is younger than both Hewitt and Houston so you never know.  Certainly has the physical attributes from what I've seen - definitely in the "wouldn't write him off" category for me.  All depends who else we sign and how pre season goes.  Same applies to quite a lot of the squad just now tbf. 

Hopefully as a squad we have a good pre season and then the opening 2 Cup games have been kind to us - on paper the easiest side at home up first on a Saturday is a really big bonus IMO - need to be ready for that and win it 5-0 or something as we used to do under McCall.  

Edited by Hursty

More tickets available for the Vision Night online now , screens being put up in beer garden to accommodate an extra 100 , plans in place if weather is an issue , need to sign into you total tickets account to get your ticket 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

More tickets available for the Vision Night online now , screens being put up in beer garden to accommodate an extra 100 , plans in place if weather is an issue , need to sign into you total tickets account to get your ticket 

Is it the unveiling of Tomi on a 2 year deal?