The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Wouldn't be surprised if Rowe came back, will get the sympathy card cause he was injured for most of the time and he can play RB/CB which would suit the versatility route we're trying to go down.

Also think McInroy will end up at Raith, close to home and reunited with Murray from Airdrie, would make sense... 

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also think McInroy will end up at Raith, close to home and reunited with Murray from Airdrie, would make sense... 

Also was a Pars season ticket holder. The wee team wouldn't want a Townie b*****d playing for them surely.

Will be interesting to see the Washington Huskies at Townhead Park. Can’t get much more random than that. One of the better collegiate teams in the US so curious to see what they’ll look like against us.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You don't win anything with kids as someone once said.

Is it worth pointing out that this person was infamously and comically wrong, at all.

Anyway, surely to f**k Moffat is going to sign back on. Even if just for the testimonial cash!

23 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Grass pitch getting totally reseeded this close season , I think around £50k being spent on work 

Erm, did they not spend that much last season on it to? Hard to see where the money went on that this season.

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Erm, did they not spend that much last season on it to? Hard to see where the money went on that this season.

That was the plan last season but I believe it was put back due to financial reasons caused by the lack of income during the covid period 

Is the midfielder going to Thistle likely to be Maxwell? 

It’s all gone quiet on him since he left with no gossip about him returning or if he signed a new deal at Rangers.

Maybe better from the club to say he’s going back to Rangers rather than he’s signed a deal with Thistle. 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Club announced at end of season that Maxwell has returned to Rangers , nothing they can really say now as he is a Rangers player 

As Rangers offered him a contract, we would either have to pay a fee if he rejected Rangers contract and signed with us, or wait till later in the summer to see if we can get him on loan again

7 minutes ago, honestly united said:

As Rangers offered him a contract, we would either have to pay a fee if he rejected Rangers contract and signed with us, or wait till later in the summer to see if we can get him on loan again

For some reason I don’t think Bullen particularly rated Maxwell. He subbed  him very early in the home defeat to Kilmarnock and his dad was raging with it going by twitter. Wouldn’t be surprised if that soured the relationship. 

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think we could be waiting to see if he is freed or as you say if offered a contract possibly go in for a loan again 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

For some reason I don’t think Bullen particularly rated Maxwell. He subbed  him very early in the home defeat to Kilmarnock and his dad was raging with it going by twitter. Wouldn’t be surprised if that soured the relationship. 

Real petty if you did not come back because your dad was upset you got substituted early in a game 

Think the contract offer was to ensure a fee. If he’s under 23 and rejects a contract we would still be due to pay a development fee I think.

depends on Rangers demands or if they decide to withdraw the offer before he signs it.

he is a good player but I wouldn’t spend a wedge (in Scottish championship terms) on him.

It will be interesting if Rangers doing that restricts him to what he can actually do.  He's not going to be good enough to make it there, same way as McInroy wont at Celtic, but Celtic don't seem to be restricting McInroy what he can do now by offering him something to try sneak a development fee off a lower league club.

Edited by callum-ayr