The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If the club weren’t so reliant on the up front payments from ST then I believe they’d be all for fans paying it in instalments. As it is, most clubs at this level need that cash in the months of May, June and July in order to build their squad.

Once we become more self sufficient and have new ways of making cash so that we aren’t as reliant on season ticket sales then I think it’d be a possibility.

It doesn't need to be in instalments in the conventional sense. Lots of payment providers (PayPal, Klarna etc.) allow it. The club gets their money in a lump as they do now but you can pay it up with the provider. There will be a fee but worldpay charge a fee as well. If the fee is significantly higher then add it to the price. 

It doesn't need to be in instalments in the conventional sense. Lots of payment providers (PayPal, Klarna etc.) allow it. The club gets their money in a lump as they do now but you can pay it up with the provider. There will be a fee but worldpay charge a fee as well. If the fee is significantly higher then add it to the price. 

It’s certainly doable that way although there’s stuff coming out about Klarna and how they’ll start introducing interest rates that may put people off using it.

I’m lucky enough that I can fork out for a season ticket once a year but even then I’d still like the chance to split it into maybe four payments made throughout the year. Would be all for it plus it would add a big number onto the support with guys that would jump at getting a season ticket but aren’t able to.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

These type of interest free providers typically take about 20% of the amount you pay as fees

29 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think a new hospitality suite would be more than likely, I believe there is room for a training pitch which could be shared with the Academy ,

With the announcement about the womens team it would make sense to have a dedicated all weather pitch somewhere. 

On 22/05/2022 at 19:18, Finlay21 said:

Got the completed top in this week for approval ( looks much better than the picture as in that the sponsors badge was photoshopped  on ) it’s been approved to be produced , would reckon within next couple of weeks it will be available for sale 

Is the sponsor as squinty on all the tops as the one the youth players were holding up? 

20220524_193229.jpg

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is the sponsor as squinty on all the tops as the one the youth players were holding up? 

20220524_193229.jpg

I'm having images of the Adidas pink kit here with the massive SV Bitcoin Sticker that eventually peels off

Fingers crossed its put on better than that

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think a new hospitality suite would be more than likely, I believe there is room for a training pitch which could be shared with the Academy ,

If we're going to be going along the lines of an astro training pitch somewhere then IMO there's no need to change the pitch at Somerset.

Not sure if anyone else feels the same way however i felt after the work done on the pitch this time last year it was never really an issue in the winter months

31 minutes ago, diege said:

I'm having images of the Adidas pink kit here with the massive SV Bitcoin Sticker that eventually peels off

Fingers crossed its put on better than that

Yup. Mines did that. 

I'm not a fan of this new shirt at all. Hopefully the away shirt looks better. 

With ICT failing to get to the premier League, surely they will be releasing players (along with every team in the premiership play offs) Who could we say would potentially make this Ayr team better?

Anyone other than Richard Foster. If you think he'd be a good signing, you can get in the sea.

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If we're going to be going along the lines of an astro training pitch somewhere then IMO there's no need to change the pitch at Somerset.

Not sure if anyone else feels the same way however i felt after the work done on the pitch this time last year it was never really an issue in the winter months

Grass pitch getting totally reseeded this close season , I think around £50k being spent on work 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

If you do that there’s barely any incentive to get a season ticket though, the saving isn’t all that much as it is compared to paying at the gate.

Grass pitch getting totally reseeded this close season , I think around £50k being spent on work 
Even though technically we have been full time again for the last 5 years we seam to be acting like a full time club both on and off the pitch now, no dig at Cameron who did amazing just to keep us afloat but Smith is a serious business man who may have made mistakes in his first year in charge but has now got the correct person in to run the day to day operation of the club, we are building a foundation for hopefully a successful future and not just flinging money at like Gretna did for one shot at the Premiership

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall saying he's got a midfielder pretty much agreed to sign who gets forward.

Would brace ourselves lads for it being McInroy...

I would think it’s more likely to be Stephen Kelly 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think it’s more likely to be Stephen Kelly 

Or Craig Sibbald i thought of too

Be surprised if Kelly isn't back in the scottish premiership, did well at Salford by all accounts