Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts


I’m not even sure what evidence there is that he’s “far better”? He was utterly rancid for the last six months at Thistle. Houston at least has a chance to improve when we aren’t shoving Mark McKenzie in front of him. I’d much rather we went out and signed someone who can play right back and centre back, who maybe doesn’t go forward as much to allow Reading to get forward more.
This if we put some one decent in front of Houston I think we will see a big difference McKenzie and Houston on the right was a disaster and as soon as McKenzie dropped out we looked better.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
34 minutes ago, D said:

I’m not even sure what evidence there is that he’s “far better”? He was utterly rancid for the last six months at Thistle. Houston at least has a chance to improve when we aren’t shoving Mark McKenzie in front of him. I’d much rather we went out and signed someone who can play right back and centre back, who maybe doesn’t go forward as much to allow Reading to get forward more.

This if we put some one decent in front of Houston I think we will see a big difference McKenzie and Houston on the right was a disaster and as soon as McKenzie dropped out we looked better.

Houston has been a bomb scare all season regardless of who is in front of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

I’m not even sure what evidence there is that he’s “far better”? He was utterly rancid for the last six months at Thistle. Houston at least has a chance to improve when we aren’t shoving Mark McKenzie in front of him. I’d much rather we went out and signed someone who can play right back and centre back, who maybe doesn’t go forward as much to allow Reading to get forward more.

This if we put some one decent in front of Houston I think we will see a big difference McKenzie and Houston on the right was a disaster and as soon as McKenzie dropped out we looked better.

100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston seems to be improving the longer time passes since our last game. He's not good enough neither is Foster.

A new right back is essential for me, McAllister isn't the answer either. I'd play Hewitt there ahead of either of them tbh and he's not played in defence for a couple of seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Houston seems to be improving the longer time passes since our last game. He's not good enough neither is Foster.

A new right back is essential for me, McAllister isn't the answer either. I'd play Hewitt there ahead of either of them tbh and he's not played in defence for a couple of seasons.

This. Positionally awful and when he shares the flank with Mackenzie we'd be as well just not playing anyone there. No idea what happened to the lad on loan from Rangers, that early promise has long gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

 No idea what happened to the lad on loan from Rangers, that early promise has long gone. 

I'll take a wild guess at playing hoofball for a succession of clueless dinosaur coaches. Maybe working with someone who knows how to develop, nurture and coach young players might help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He was excellent up at Inverness, also Dunfermline before injury, he'll kick on without the extremely ordinary McKenzie in front of him, on McKenzie he must be put out on loan to possibly kick on, but I doubt he's anywhere near the quality we require, good lad and great attitude tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

I'll take a wild guess at playing hoofball for a succession of clueless dinosaur coaches. Maybe working with someone who knows how to develop, nurture and coach young players might help. 

Maybe is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

More annoyed that we rarely got Forrest and Shankland in the same team. Forrest had injury troubles in the two seasons Shankland was here and when you look at what he did in his final season I think the pair of them playing together consistently would’ve been frightening.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Iain said:

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

Shankland really we did well to get him that last year.  The club being in position now to offer 2-3 years is better situation though would expect Shankland and agent would realistically want a release clause for a lower end 6 figure sum if we were in position to offer that at the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't know if this will have any effect on us, but,

  • Burnley have suffered a major setback with the club's academy set to lose its category one status.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if this will have any effect on us, but,

  • Burnley have suffered a major setback with the club's academy set to lose its category one status.

Yeah, will cause Ayr a massive setback with the numerous loans they were getting from Burnley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Iain said:

I see Hearts' plan to strengthen for Europe is apparently to sign Alan Forrest and Lawrence Shankland. So do we feel good that these talents the club nurtured are viewed at that level or disappointed we didn't achieve more while we had them?

Disappointed we're not getting any financial benefits from these moves in the way of sell on clauses, those small amounts are still invaluable to the likes of us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know if this will have any effect on us, but,

  • Burnley have suffered a major setback with the club's academy set to lose its category one status.

Oh no. How will we cope?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...