The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Always liked Bob at Morton although I don’t think he’s been particularly great for Queens Park. Bit like Ashford in terms of work ethic but has a decent record of getting a few goals at this level without ever scoring huge amounts.

Mchugh has been largely underwhelming throughout his time at QP. Had wee purple patches of showing he’s a capable striker, but half the time he doesn’t look particularly bothered. Definitely would look to punt him this summer. His total record since he joined has been 14 goals in 65 games.. 

Would worry if that’s the level of recruitment for the upcoming season 

5 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

The heads gone against St Johnstone in the cup ranks up there.

Interestingly (or maybe not) he has played 104 games for us of which he has been sent off 3 times. 2 straight reds and 1 second yellow. I thought it was worse than that tbh.

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Interestingly (or maybe not) he has played 104 games for us of which he has been sent off 3 times. 2 straight reds and 1 second yellow. I thought it was worse than that tbh.

He has calmed down a bit recently I think. The heads gone against St. Johnstone was totally criminal and cost us the game.

33 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He has calmed down a bit recently I think. The heads gone against St. Johnstone was totally criminal and cost us the game.

We’re we not up 1  nil at Morton and Aero was sent off last season and we went on to lose

1 hour ago, jm86 said:

Did we not then go 2 up playing with 10, before imploding and losing 3 goals in the last 8 minutes. A day of infamy.

Yes but my most vivid recollection was that complete waste of space Innes Cameron missing from approximately 3 yards out which would have put us 3-0 up, only for Morton to score their first almost immediately afterwards. We were excellent in the first half but that game shattered the confidence of both the players and Mark Kerr and I don't recall us ever recovering the form of those first 45 minutes.

1 hour ago, jm86 said:

Did we not then go 2 up playing with 10, before imploding and losing 3 goals in the last 8 minutes. A day of infamy.

We did. I remember just sitting staring at my TV for a good 10 minutes after in just total belief of what I had just witnessed. 

That morton game was the beginning of the end for Kerr as Manager, Klopp goes on about mentality monsters at Liverpool under Kerr, Hopkin and Duffy we had Mentality shrinkers, it's only under Davie White as care taker and Bullen that we have showed any fight or desire when going things go wrong.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

That morton game was the beginning of the end for Kerr as Manager, Klopp goes on about mentality monsters at Liverpool under Kerr, Hopkin and Duffy we had Mentality shrinkers, it's only under Davie White as care taker and Bullen that we have showed any fight or desire when going things go wrong.

They are still mentality shrinkers tbf. Did we win a 6 pointer under Bullen?

I think we lost to Queens once and drew with them once, lost to Morton once and drew with them once, drew with Hamilton twice and lost Dunfermline once and drew with them once. I make that 0W; 5D; 3L

Thats why its crucial the 5/6 new signings slot right into the starting 11 and have the right mentality. The mentality still isn't there in crucial matches - had we beaten Queens at Somerset on 26 Feb we'd have likely avoided a relegation battle at all. The truth is we didn't turn up and barely threatened.

There is major work needing done this summer.

Edited by Trogdor

They are still mentality shrinkers tbf. Did we win a 6 pointer under Bullen?
I think we lost to Queens once and drew with them once, lost to Morton once and drew with them once, drew with Hamilton twice and lost Dunfermline once and drew with them once. I make that 0W; 5D; 3L
Thats why its crucial the 5/6 new signings slot right into the starting 11 and have the right mentality. The mentality still isn't there in crucial matches - had we beaten Queens at Somerset on 26 Feb we'd have likely avoided a relegation battle at all. The truth is we didn't turn up and barely threatened.
There is major work needing done this summer.

Tbf it’s still a massive improvement on where we were. Previously we’d never have come back against ICT, QOS, Hamilton or Kilmarnock. We’d have curled up a wee ball and taken the defeat.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf it’s still a massive improvement on where we were. Previously we’d never have come back against ICT, QOS, Hamilton or Kilmarnock. We’d have curled up a wee ball and taken the defeat.

An improvement certainly on Hopkin and Duffy but the bar has been lowered to such a degree that I'm not sure it's something to crow about tbh.

There is still significant work to do.

Under the Kerr, Hopkin, Duffy you knew if the opposition scored first it was probably game over at least now under Bullen there is a bit of fight, you can criticise his team selection and tactics at times but there is no doubt he's instilled a bit of fight and they give 100% to the final whistle

Think it’s time to try and be positive about what’ the club are trying to do since Bullen and Mathie came in , we should be looking to the future rather than digging up all that went wrong in a poor spell at the club , too many people only focus on the negatives always