The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

An absolutely terrible footballer and i can safely say my heart sank every time he was on the pitch. Salkeld the player summed up the Hopkin era; no real position, lack of football ability, lots of physical fitness and running, one good game every 15!

He scored an absolute stunner can’t remember who against though 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

An absolutely terrible footballer and i can safely say my heart sank every time he was on the pitch. Salkeld the player summed up the Hopkin era; no real position, lack of football ability, lots of physical fitness and running, one good game every 15!

I thought he was decent in the queen of the south shame game. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He scored an absolute stunner can’t remember who against though 

He scored a good finish away to Hamilton in the cup but his glory moment was home to Dunfermline in the league where he laid the ball off in the right back position then ran the length of the park without the ball to score a header off a cross from Reading to put us 2 up.   A massive goal when you consider how the season played out. 

Edited by Hursty

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

He scored a good finish away to Hamilton in the cup but his glory moment was home to Dunfermline in the league where he laid the ball off in the right back position then ran the length of the park without the ball to score a header off a cross from Reading to put us 2 up.   A massive goal when you consider how the season played out. 

He was good generally in that Dunfermline game tbf, never to be seen again though. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

He simply wasn't good enough. His injury doesn't come into it. It's not like it's Craig Moore we are talking about.

Yep.

I cannot fault his effort and I hope he makes a full recovery from his injury. However, he was not good enough.

Wonder when the big week will be, new signing, season tickets announced, possibly a look at the second and third strip and starting to get folk looking towards the new season again. My bet would be first week of June. 

it feels like ages since the season ended but the playoffs haven't even finished yet. 

Take it with pinch of salt but apparently Muirhead was at Firhill speaking to Partick yesterday.

I’d rather lose Baird but Muirhead and Fjortoft away would give us scope to bring in two new centre backs which could work in our favour. Hopefully a righty and a lefty which has the potential to be a longer term partnership.

Muirhead is your run of the mill lower Championship/upper League 1 defender. Fine if he stays but plenty more fish in the sea, especially fish that dont get sent off twice a season. 

27 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Muirhead is your run of the mill lower Championship/upper League 1 defender. Fine if he stays but plenty more fish in the sea, especially fish that dont get sent off twice a season. 

Aye.  I'd rather he stayed as you know what you are getting from him and its one less to replace, but if he does go then definitely replacable and indeed one that could be improved on

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I wouldn't be giving Muirhead or Baird much longer to decide both of them are far from unreplaceable if they haven't committed by next week, let's look elsewhere.

This should be the case for all the players we are waiting to hear back from. If they haven’t committed by a certain timeframe then deal should be withdrawn and we move onto other targets.