The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Every sentence he says starts with "as I says" and its getting unbearable. He is also very critical of both teams set up and tactics. 

Aye, its torture. The brass neck to criticise anyone's tactics given his kick and rush approach.

Frustrated Head GIF

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The tweet that Voice put out did stress that the club are aware of White’s commitments to the academy so I’d imagine they are actively looking to bring someone in.

I’m not arsed who stays on as goalie coach but aye it’s maybe a bit excessive having two to do that job even if Stillie is only part time.

That's encouraging wrt. White. Running the Academy is important for the long term. 

I just want Timmins gone because Hopkin brought him in. I want everything Hopkin did undone. 

Did notice towards the end of the season that Stillie was demoted to watching the subs play keep ball and Timmins was now doing the GK warm ups with Moff doing the layoffs for the shooting practice. If he's not doing GK training going forward then we might as well let him go. Offer Timmins reduced terms but an extra year and move him over to GK coach.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Hopkin going on about getting a hold of the ball and showing some composure.

Without a hint of irony. He just made a comment about a lack of quality. We saw more than enough of that under his tenure.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye it is. He’s 34

I thought he'd be older. He must have been younger than I remember. I just remember him not getting in the team ahead of Willie Easton.

Edit - I also have some vague recollection of him being presented with an award by Kenny Daglish. I think it was for coaching kids.

Edited by Trogdor

No wonder the players didn't have a clue listening to Hopkin. 

I wis sayin. Yuv goat tae huv the composure tae, the game is won when yuv got that sumhin special that composure that can sometimes create a match winnin like Simon Murray, Hes that kind a player. 

Tom Cruise What GIF - Tom Cruise What Confused - Discover & Share GIFs

It's weird hearing Hopkin talking about midfields and pivots and such like when his one tactic at Ayr was to get the ball launched up the park as soon and as far as possible.
I'll never forget Hamilton away in the League Cup. My first experience of Hoppy Ball. I was shocked that this was what we were in for. Of course we won and I assumed everything was going to be fine...

In Hopkins last game in charge we fielded a midfield of McAllister, Muirhead, Chalmers and Maxwell. That man has no right to talk about having composure in midfield.

I did enjoy him saying that the QP player shouldn’t have taken a shot from the free kick at the end and instead just play it into the box and let them fight for the second ball. If anything summed up his managerial philosophy it’s that quote right there.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In Hopkins last game in charge we fielded a midfield of McAllister, Muirhead, Chalmers and Maxwell. That man has no right to talk about having composure in midfield.

I did enjoy him saying that the QP player shouldn’t have taken a shot from the free kick at the end and instead just play it into the box and let them fight for the second ball. If anything summed up his managerial philosophy it’s that quote right there.

Was that the game where we started 8 defenders? 😅

Was that the game where we started 8 defenders? [emoji28]

Aye we played a back four of Houston, Fjortoft, McGinty and Reading so if you’re calling Maxwell a defender then aye we played 8 defenders.