The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is it wrong that I genuinely don't give a f**k at the moment?

This season got ugly, after what looked like a nice wee run (away wins at Killie and ict where we played well). The last few weeks were horrific and we've scraped it again.

I think bullen deserves time and the off-field stuff looks positive - but f**k me I'm in need of a break from Ayr Utd.

I'll enjoy the ends of the top leagues and tournaments as there's some interesting games in the next few weeks - and then I'm looking for some summer sport.

By August I'll be buzzing again but I genuinely don't care who we keep or lose at the moment.

24 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Tbh I think that there is an argument on keeping a good core of the squad together. There is obvious deadwood which needs binned. Baird, Fjortof for two. However when McCall got us promoted he kept the squad together with a few additions and we came out the traps like a bullet and only started faltering in the latter part of the season. I think Arbroath did something similar this season. We do need some changes especially in defence.

The big difference for me is that we had lots of goals in that team with Shankland and Moore both prolific and then guys like Forrest, Moff and McDaid guaranteeing goals from wide positions or just behind the striker and even the likes of Geggan and Adams could be relied on for a few.

Unfortunately we just don't have anything like that in this squad. Take out Adeloye and we're left with a few long range efforts from McInroy and a few from Maxwell but of course we don't even know if any of them will still be here next season.

I'll be honest, the lack of goals is a major concern for me.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Given that we now have this international licence 

Can someone explain what this licence is and what it means? Apologies if this is a dumb question.

Without the licence we could only sign players from certain countries? How many other Championship clubs have this licence?

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wow that’s a strange one. Call me a cynic but I don’t believe any young, talented player would sign a 3 year deal with us.

Gives them some security and the deals could potentially have clauses written it in terms of release fees...

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wow that’s a strange one. Call me a cynic but I don’t believe any young, talented player would sign a 3 year deal with us.

Michael Hewitt signed a three year deal last month.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Seemingly some offers of 3 year deals to certain players. Definitely looking for continuity if true.

Jesus Christ.  

Do I have to decapitate Bullen or just find a new hobby? 

I don't see the issue at all with three year deals? It's good for the player knowing they're guaranteed a wage for those three years and some stability for themselves/families, and the club can make money from a sale.

Continuity? We fucking finished 8th. That should not be celebrated. Its simply not good enough. 

I'm really starting to worry that we aren't going to empty these chancers. If we lose Murdoch, Adeloye, McInroy and retain the dumplings on 3 year deals I may well explode. 

Continuity? We fucking finished 8th. That should not be celebrated. Its simply not good enough. 
I'm really starting to worry that we aren't going to empty these chancers. If we lose Murdoch, Adeloye, McInroy and retain the dumplings on 3 year deals I may well explode. 

You don’t even know if the post about 3 year deals is true let alone who we have and haven’t offered them to. Calm down ffs.

Folk are getting way ahead of themselves in thinking that we’re simply just going to go into next season with the exact same squad and just hope for the best.

You would imagine any 3 year deals are being dished out to the young ones from the academy or the ones we have to pay a fee for. Highly doubt we'll be giving Aero and the like that kind of deal. Has it's own risks attached to it regardless but long term I suppose it's with an eye on bringing in some decent transfer money in the future.

Tough one between emptying the squad and making incremental changes. what happened this season can't be ignored but squad overhauls rarely ever happen, especially at this level. I think Friday nights performance and result has definitely left some misty eyed about how actually guff this squad has been over the course of the season. And if Bullen feels he can get more out of them next season, why didn't he do it this one.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Any proper club wouldn't blink at three year deals. The assumption here is that it's for academy players and recent graduates, but to be quite honest that should be the sort of thing on the table in general. The problem at this level is that your hiring and your manager are both probably pish. On the other hand, the club made money from Chalmers, so maybe even at this level there are enough mugs to go around.

What a marketing strategy from the club btw, IF YOU THOUGHT WE WERE SHITE IN THE RUN IN HOW ABOUT A FULL SEASON. 

Bald obsessed with running c**t out. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Any proper club wouldn't blink at three year deals. The assumption here is that it's for academy players and recent graduates, but to be quite honest that should be the sort of thing on the table in general. The problem at this level is that your hiring and your manager are both probably pish. On the other hand, the club made money from Chalmers, so maybe even at this level there are enough mugs to go around.

Aw aye just sign anyone on a 3 year deal. 

Jack Baird YOU GET A DEAL

Jordan Houston YOU GET A DEAL

2 hours ago, rgreig said:

Can someone explain what this licence is and what it means? Apologies if this is a dumb question.

Without the licence we could only sign players from certain countries? How many other Championship clubs have this licence?

It's a new licence for employers following Brexit.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers/apply-for-your-licence

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Aw aye just sign anyone on a 3 year deal. 

Jack Baird YOU GET A DEAL

Jordan Houston YOU GET A DEAL

That's possible. To be quite honest I don't even discount it. The worst thing is that if it all goes pear-shaped the owner can lock the club out of the offices, which are now located in the hub. Dozens of clubs have seen this happen.

This isn't as horrible a summer as last year's was obviously going to be. But there's scant little yo be especially positive about yet either.

42 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jesus Christ.  

Do I have to decapitate Bullen or just find a new hobby? 

I'd imagine Mathie will be the one behind this.

As others have said, it's got to be seen as a major positive if we're tying down guys like Adeloye, McInroy and any of our promising youngsters on 3 year deals and is certainly better than watching them walk away for nothing after a season or less.