The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So glad that’s all over, a good end to a pish season. Big close season ahead for us, Bullen alluding to in his interview there won’t be too much of a change. I reckon with him saying that he’s hoping for the likes of Dempsey/Maxwell/McInroy to stay and add 4 or so on top of that. If that was the case I wouldn’t be too against it. Replace Rowe a challenger for Houston, replace Baird and Fjortoft and add another wide player and striker and it has the makings of a good squad. Special mention to Smith who was superb last night and going forward having potentially Murdoch/Dempsey/McInroy/Smith as your central mid options with Hewitt as back up would not be terrible at all. Also good going into next season with young players in Hewitt/Bryden/Smith all having experience at this level. For all player recruitment will be big this close season, the club getting a good Assistant or coach in to help Bullen will be massive.,

Agree with that. 

A lot of good performances last night. Smith and McInroy looked like a potentially brilliant partnership. Hopefully we can get McInroy back. 

Bullen deserves credit for turning an absolute disaster of a season into keeping us up. He's made a few mistakes with line ups and tactics but he's done what he had to. Considering the way we were heading under Hopkin it's quite good really. 

Player wise you can make a case for keeping quite a few funnily enough. However Baird,Fjortoft, Houston,Moff and Kenyon will all be away I'd think. 

Hopefully can re sign McInroy, Maxwell,Muirhead Tomi and Dempsey.

Reading and Murdoch I wouldn't mind if they re signed but wouldn't be gutted if they left either. I may be way off with this though as I've barely seen us for a season and a half due to various circumstances

16 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Agree with that. 

A lot of good performances last night. Smith and McInroy looked like a potentially brilliant partnership. Hopefully we can get McInroy back. 

Bullen deserves credit for turning an absolute disaster of a season into keeping us up. He's made a few mistakes with line ups and tactics but he's done what he had to. Considering the way we were heading under Hopkin it's quite good really. 

Player wise you can make a case for keeping quite a few funnily enough. However Baird,Fjortoft, Houston,Moff and Kenyon will all be away I'd think. 

Hopefully can re sign McInroy, Maxwell,Muirhead Tomi and Dempsey.

Reading and Murdoch I wouldn't mind if they re signed but wouldn't be gutted if they left either. I may be way off with this though as I've barely seen us for a season and a half due to various circumstances

Houston has already re-signed and I’d be wary of signing an injury prone Dempsey.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Houston has already re-signed and I’d be wary of signing an injury prone Dempsey.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both Rowe and Dempsey came with little game time and picked up injuries after playing. I think if you were to get him in and a proper pre season and match fitness he could be a big player. A risk worth taking IMO, but do understand the worrry. 

Agree with previous comments about hoping there's a big push for season tickets. Was good to see that crowd with so many young folk having a good time.

I brought a couple of extended family along last night including my wee cousin, (the dad is a Celtic "fan", but they never actually go to games). The wee man loved it, the atmosphere, being so close the action, getting to move about the ground as he wanted and obviously getting himself a wee chance to run on the pitch and interact with players. Made me remember what got me to fall in love with Ayr United and Somerset Park and when I was a kid. Wants to come back, got a text from his dad saying he's absolutely gutted that there's no games for a couple months.

It's been a very pish season and last night was just relief more than anything. It would be magic if we could find ways to keep attracting crowds like that moving forward.

Mostly though, thank f**k we're no in the playoffs.

Assume the 4 odd signings does not include anyone re-signing from the present squad, otherwise we'll be looking at more incomings. If we can get McInroy and Tomi back then I would build the team around them. Would probably look for a bit more experience in new signings, we are pretty well stacked with young players for next season, unless you get someone that is around McInroy's ability at present.

Be interesting to see what happens with the defence next season.

Get folk saying the pitch invasion was a bit OTT but I think it was more of an emotional release than a celebration of a 8th place finish, its been a rollercoster of a season with massive highs and the lowest of lows, hopefully on to bigger and better times next season, not many teams will have 3 managers and a caretaker in one season and still stay up.

Muirhead fjortoff and baird can go imo. Albinson again not done anything wrong but I’d try get a young understudy instead meaning we aren’t paying as much on wages every week. 

We must keep Adeloye, Mcinroy, Murdoch and I’d like to keep Maxwell too. Dempsey is a risk but if we had Mcinroy, dempsey, Murdoch and smith we would have cm covered. Mckenzie I’d punt on loan to league 1 not ready for championship football yet although does have something to offer as he is still young. Gondoh probably not going to cut it at this level I’d give him preseason but would try and punt him as he’s on a 2 year deal may have to keep 

For next season we need:

gk

2x cb

Rb

2 Wingers

1 striker

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Get folk saying the pitch invasion was a bit OTT but I think it was more of an emotional release than a celebration of a 8th place finish, its been a rollercoster of a season with massive highs and the lowest of lows, hopefully on to bigger and better times next season, not many teams will have 3 managers and a caretaker in one season and still stay up.

I don’t even think it was that. 
The weans just wanted to do it to get selfies with the players. And fair play to the players for taking 15 minutes doing that after finishing a game.

I must admit I was a bit bummed that we didn’t get the player lap at the end, more just to say bye to some who we know most likely will not be here next season. In saying that, glad the kids enjoyed it and that’s what it’s all about.

Edited by Calayrdonia

I don’t event think it was that. 

The weans just wanted to do it to get selfies with the players. And fair play to the players for taking 15 minutes doing that after finishing a game.
I must admit I was a bit bummed that we didn’t get the player lap at the end, more just to say bye to some who we know most likely will not be here next season. In saying that, glad the kids enjoyed it and that’s what it’s all about.
If its was Moffs last game he did deserve some kind lap of honour, hopefully he gets a testimonial in pre season for what he has done in his two spells at the club, the legend tag gets flung about to easy but he deserves it.

Four signings on top of what we’ve got and getting shot of the likes of Kenyon, Baird, Fjortoft and maybe Muirhead. I’m still not sure whether we should keep Maxwell unless Reading is leaving.

If we can keep hold of McInroy and Murdoch then I’ll be really happy with the midfield. Adding Smith and Hewitt into that, who I’m sure will have a big season ahead of them. Dempsey is a tricky one. Injury track record isn’t great and that stretches back to before he joined us. If Murdoch left then he’d make a good replacement but I’d like as little injury prone players in the squad next season.

Up front is looking okay providing Adeloye stays. Another out and out striker would be handy, preferably one that is more of a finisher to complement what Adeloye and Ashford can do off the ball.

I am glad to see the back of that season. Delighted with the last couple of performances, gives me a bit of hope that Bully now knows he can get performances out of our players.
Some (most?) need binned bit if we can keep Tomi and a couple of others along with decent recruitment, next season should hold no fears. A period of stability is needed.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Four signings on top of what we’ve got and getting shot of the likes of Kenyon, Baird, Fjortoft and maybe Muirhead. I’m still not sure whether we should keep Maxwell unless Reading is leaving.

If we can keep hold of McInroy and Murdoch then I’ll be really happy with the midfield. Adding Smith and Hewitt into that, who I’m sure will have a big season ahead of them. Dempsey is a tricky one. Injury track record isn’t great and that stretches back to before he joined us. If Murdoch left then he’d make a good replacement but I’d like as little injury prone players in the squad next season.

Up front is looking okay providing Adeloye stays. Another out and out striker would be handy, preferably one that is more of a finisher to complement what Adeloye and Ashford can do off the ball.

Muirhead is solid in the RB role IMO, he is still a keep for me as a squad player. Ahead of Houston at RB though. 

Maxwell is a really difficult one, he was electric in the opening half hour last night but we don’t see that often enough in that position. At 19 though, I think he is probably worth persisting with. I think Dempsey is worth a try, just as his performances were excellent when he was in the team. 

For me it's a no brianer to keep Maxwell if we can, yes he's inconsistent but you have to remember he's only 20 but he's now got about 70 games under his belt at this level and scored almost 10 goals and arguably is not playing his natural position he's one that could really kick on in the next few seasons and if we were to get him on a 2 or 3 year deal could eventually sell on for a tidy profit

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

If the plan is only to add another 4 then we'll be right back same situation next season, these losers have shown time and time again they don't have it. 

McAdams, Reading, Murdoch, McInroy, Dempsey, O’Connor/Maxwell/Ashford out wide and Adeloye. I don’t see the issue with adding four starting quality players to that at all. Backed up by squad players like McGinty, Muirhead, Smith, Hewitt, potentially Ashford or O’Connor and Bryden then I don’t really see the issue with it...

It is of course entirely dependent on keeping those we want - there is a decent nucleus there though IMO. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If the plan is only to add another 4 then we'll be right back same situation next season, these losers have shown time and time again they don't have it. 

Once the euphoria/relief calms down I expect most will come to this conclusion, hopefully including Bullen.